VA VR&E ( formerly Voc Rehab)

I was curious if anyone has recently used Army VR&E program to go to PA school. I just had an online initial counselling session, and I was deemed unqualified because of my undergrad degree. Counselor told me that I was suitable to find an Employement and hence did not qualify to attend PA schoo using VR&El. I told him that I was already accepted to PA school and have everything lined up. His response was it did not meant anything as I was not qualified. I am thinking about appeaingl the decision. Any suggestions or thoughts on this matter would be appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think that is right. I believe you've been given bad information but I don't have the sources to back that up. I work in Compensation and Pension at the VA. I had a young man who came off active duty and attended West Point. He was injured severely in the Army and medical boarded. He told me he was in Pharmacy School using the VR&E program.

I would drop by your local US Congressman's office and get the definitive answer. They love solving a problem like this.

Edited by TDIowa
Misspell

On 12/28/2021 at 1:00 PM, bPA2024 said:

I was curious if anyone has recently used Army VR&E program to go to PA school. I just had an online initial counselling session, and I was deemed unqualified because of my undergrad degree. Counselor told me that I was suitable to find an Employement and hence did not qualify to attend PA schoo using VR&El. I told him that I was already accepted to PA school and have everything lined up. His response was it did not meant anything as I was not qualified. I am thinking about appeaingl the decision. Any suggestions or thoughts on this matter would be appreciated. 

Fight this don't accept his decision.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey all!

I am a current student at U of Washington using Vocational rehab, I got approved and started school already. If you have any questions about vocational rehab, feel free to send me a PM!

Ill start out by saying vocational rehab is definitely more work than the GI bill, but its worth it. they've paid my tuition, given me BAH, bought my otoscope, stethoscope and a laptop package!