2012/2013 Application Cycle

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone have an idea of the interview format?

There should be some posts from former topics on the interview format. It's a LONG day and you will be broken up into small groups. The day consists of 2 one-on-one (sometimes 2 on 1) interviews with faculty, a group interview led by current students, an essay, a meeting with the Program Director to ask questions, a tour, a "game," and I think that's it...The interview is pretty enjoyable and they will provide you with breakfast and lunch--usually sandwiches/chips/soda. The most important part is the individual interviews so prepare for those. How to Get Into PA School is a good book to use. If you have any questions let me know, I won't go into more detail about the interview day because that would be unfair, so don't ask, unless its something practical such as what to wear or bring with. They should also provide you with some sort of list of places to stay. Otherwise feel free to ask logistical questions (send a message, I rarely am on here). Oakland has a bad reputation but please don't let it scare you away! Oh, they also have an informal pizza dinner before the interview to meet current students. I highly encourage you to go because it makes the following day less stressful. It has no bearing on your acceptance but it's a bonus for you!

I am interviewing Jan 19th at 8:00am as well! Quick question though, in the information packet it says "You have been selected to be interviewed for admission into the Master Physician Assistant Program at Samuel Merritt University starting in the Fall of 2015." Is there a typo? Or am I misreading it? This interview is for 2013 matriculation, graduating in 2015 right? Anyway so excited!

I got the email regarding the scholarship yesterday. I am supposed to be interviewing on Jan 26 but haven't received anything in the mail with additional details. After calling earlier today I was told they would mail out my packet today. The scholarship sounds great and I would love to do my rotations in Hawaii but I don't have any personal ties to the area or the demographic.

Good luck to everyone else who is interviewing or is still waiting. I will try to do an update after my interview.

Archived