Class of 2015 applicants

Me too! I posted a thread previously hoping someone who was applying would respond. I've been having trouble with the grad school admissions office wanting transcripts for AP exams and military training. They won't process my application because they want them, but there is no actual school to send the transcripts so I don't know what to do if they keep asking for something that doesn't exist. There's more details in the other thread if you want to look. I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually they aren't prerequisite classes at all but because they showed up on my transcript where I'm getting my BS the admissions office thought I had attended other colleges that I didn't give them transcripts from. You might have a good point about contacting the PA program. I'm going to give it a last effort to sort it out with the grad admissions office and then try them next.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got an offer for a seat at Pocatello. I still have interviews at other schools and have no idea what I should do. Posts on other threads on this site make Pocatello sound... interesting and I haven't heard much about the school aside from what I've read here and on the official website. I live in Minneapolis (love it here, but very few PA schools) and have never even been to Idaho! Help?!

Pocatello is pretty... I like your word choice "interesting", as is Idaho in General. It isn't a big city and outside of Pocatello there really is NOTHING. I drive through there occasionally going from Salt Lake City to Seattle, and that part of the drive is the hardest to stay awake. (I'm sure there are great things about it, but that is just my personal experience). Let's just say I'd hope to attend Boise instead.

I really wanted to know if ISU is a good school. If I'm spending all of this money and working really hard for two years I want to be able to pass the certification exam and get a job. I'm concerned that the school is ranked so poorly by US News that there might be something wrong with it that I don't know about (like it's impossible to get hired if you go there or impossible to get hired out of state). I'm also concerned that I might have a huge culture shock moving to a small community in the west.

I love ISU. I actually declined an acceptance to MEDEX NW/U of W to attend ISU, and I don't regret it. We have great PANCE rates, and it is easy to find a job around here, especially in the rural areas, where you can find awesome benefits packages. I would take the US News ranking with a grain of salt. Look at the factors that make up the rankings. You are better off looking at a school's PANCE rate, the success of their grads in getting jobs, the cost of attendance, rotation sites etc. versus the US News ranking. If you're a city kid you will probably have culture shock if you go to the Pocatello campus, but if you go to the Boise/Meridian campus it won't be so bad. Idaho has no medical schools and only a very small NP program, so ISU's PA program enjoys a very supportive environment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived