Sign in to follow this  
amsenarighi

Worried about my STATS

so i bombed the GRE quantitative. 35% below, 4.0 for analytical and 86% below for verbal. 3.07 GPA, over 10,000 hours of experience. am i totally screwed because my GPA is not spectacular and my quantitative GRE is not so great?

all of my schools state 50% below to be competitive...but have no minimum requirement for the GRE. all have a minimum GPA of 3.0.

Maybe you can take it again after studying quantitative to try to reach 50th percentile. Your other GRE scores are great so they might also just not worry about it.I always assumed the point of requiring the GRE was to see if you can pass a standardized test so you can pass the PANCE in the future, which I could be wrong about but if so you showed that you can in my opinion.

Guest hubbardtim48

Get your GPA up or do a Masters degree and apply to schools that don't require the GRE. Your HCE is awesome in numbers, but what was it in?

With all of your other stats, I would say just go for it and apply. Many schools will tell you they look at the overall picture of the candidate, and one test does not make or break years of health care experience or a GPA that meets their requirement. I would recommend browsing this forum for schools that either don't require the GRE, or don't rank it as high as other portions of the application and think about applying to those schools. Is your 3.07 your cumulative or science GPA?