Licensing in AZ

• 1 year later...

Hoping to bring this topic to life as I just picked up a job at a VA in AZ. Will be moving there from Tejas. Any information helps. Thank you in advance! 

Edit: I already submitted my application and made the required information requests. Just wanting to know how long the process typically takes. Been a PA for 1 year already. Currently licensed in another state.

Edited by BLM8867

It took me about 6 weeks to get my AZ license: initial application in early April, got my license the 3rd week in May.

The biggest hassle was that the AZ board requires that verification of other state licenses comes directly from those state boards.  AZ does not accept PDF's or screen shots of the online verification you can do.  Most state boards have portals where you can pay a fee for them to send an electronic verification directly to another state board.  AZ did accept these, but each was about $20.

AZ is extremely rigid about applicants having to meet their requirements in exactly their way.

• Upvote 1

On 12/19/2022 at 4:08 AM, ohiovolffemtp said:

It took me about 6 weeks to get my AZ license: initial application in early April, got my license the 3rd week in May.

The biggest hassle was that the AZ board requires that verification of other state licenses comes directly from those state boards.  AZ does not accept PDF's or screen shots of the online verification you can do.  Most state boards have portals where you can pay a fee for them to send an electronic verification directly to another state board.  AZ did accept these, but each was about $20.

AZ is extremely rigid about applicants having to meet their requirements in exactly their way.

I appreciate your feedback. 6 weeks is shorter than I anticipated. Hopefully I fall in the same timeline. Thanks again!