2013 cycle

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Wilco,

Thanks for offering to answer questions about the interview process. I'm interviewing in mid Oct and wanted to know what I can expect...were the questions difficult? Did any surprise you? How soon after the interview did you hear about your acceptance? I admit, I'm so nervous about the interview. I called Brent and he told me that about 54% of those interviewed get accepted...not bad odds I guess. Thanks, I'd appreciate any feedback about the interview. PS. Do you like the program? If you could, can you explain your pros/cons, impressions about pace's pa program?

Hey guys, I am a current student at Pace. Heres what I can say about the program and why I chose it. I think your clinical experience is probably more important then the classroom. At the end of the day you will learn the same material; the question is will you be able to apply it? You will not get a more diverse experience then learning medicine in NYC. Secondly, the program is pretty laid back. There is ZERO competition. Once you are accepted you are in. Everyone has different backgrounds so the EMT can help the lab tech do a blood pressure and the lab tech can help the EMT with microbiology. When I went on my interviews, so many students were completely stressed out and there was more of a cut throat environment elsewhere.

No matter where you go the grade requirement has gone up. The demand on the profession grows faster then the number of seats. If you got an interview, your grades are good enough otherwise they wouldn't waste the time. They just want to get to know you. Good Luck!

Archived