Dream job wants to hire me, only at my current position 4 months….

Guest CAdreamer

Guest CAdreamer

I recently got an offer from my dream job. I applied to this specialty and this specific job at least 5 times. When I finally gave up and went into a different specialty to start making money and paying loans, this dream job posted the job again. I decided to apply one more time and this time I got it! The problem is that I have only been at my position 4 months and my job has been taking the time to train me. I can’t help but feel an overwhelming sense of guilt. What’s the best way to go about this? 

Edited by CAdreamer

Agree with the above. You were the one working for the paternalistic physician urgent care owner and you were miserable just a month ago. What are you waiting for? You were applying for a reason. Take an ice cold shower, stop being indecisive, and go for it. 

Edited by ANESMCR
  • Upvote 3

Probably the most routine question I asked at an interview.  “Is this position being newly created, or has there been a prior provider?”. RARELY did applicants ask this question at interviews where I was looking for a replacement provider.  I came to the conclusion that folks just don’t know how to talk to one another without a phone between them, much less interview.

Edited by GetMeOuttaThisMess

Yeah I get the feeling because I am a people pleaser. But just realize this is a business and the same employer would have no concerns with terminating your contract if it was in their best interest. Be a good human, but also realize that you have to take care of yourself, because no one else in this business will. That being said I would be very sure it was your dream job and it’s a good working environment because if you leave the second one before 6 months it starts to put up some red flags.

• Upvote 1