2013 start - Application status

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had my interview this past Friday at SLU. It was really a great experience-- everything was so laid back! There were 3 one-on-one interviews. Each interview felt like a comfortable conversation. I was nervous at the beginning of the day but after the first interview, I felt like I could just relax and be myself.

Other than that, great program, beautiful campus. I know you want to look nice, but try to wear semi-comfortable shoes. We did a lot of walking.

Hopefully this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Ellie587! I'm wanting to apply for the PA program after I obtain my bachelors in health science and was wondering what type of experience you had before the program. I know an applicant needs 5,000hrs, but I wasn't sure exactly how I can get these.

Thank you! As for hands on patient care experience, I worked as a Phlebotomist for a year (psychiatric, outpatient, and ER settings). I now work in a Histology lab doing IHC staining and will continue to do so until school starts. SLU requires at least 500 hours patient care experience, although most applicants have much more. I have less experience than many applicants. You can obtain these hours in many different ways, as long as it involves doing actual procedures with patients. Best of luck to you!

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if you are not offered an interview do they send you a letter of rejection or an e-mail, or do you just not hear any sort of reply? Granted I submitted pretty late in the cycle and wasn't even planning on applying, but was told to go ahead and do it. Anyone else apply for 2013 closer to the deadline and either hear anything or still waiting?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived