PA School PCE Hours

Hey, how does Wayne State check and verify for the PCE hours? Is it with pay stubs? Calling the person in charge? Or do they not? Need to know in order to get the year to date stubs and let managers know. Also, how many hours did you have when accepted and what did you do and for how long? Include volunteer hours too please.

8 hours ago, AliADH said:

I volunteered at Ford Field when they were doing vaccines there. It was with an established organization that had a website that tracked volunteer hours. But I think in a different setting a signed letter from a manager or something like that would suffice. 

I got the call for that too but I didnt think that counts as PCE does it? I thought it only counted as HCE. So you dont have to upload like a yearly in review pay stub showing how many hours right? Does that hold more value or something than a letter or a call from a manager?

3 hours ago, Farout21 said:

I got the call for that too but I didnt think that counts as PCE does it? I thought it only counted as HCE. So you dont have to upload like a yearly in review pay stub showing how many hours right? Does that hold more value or something than a letter or a call from a manager?

Oh I’m sorry I misunderstood. My PCEs were from working as a medical assistant. I don’t remember how they verified my hours, but I provided the contact information of my boss. 

I was also a physician for many years overseas and gave contact info for those managers as well, but I’m not sure if they counted that. 

• 5 months later...

re: patient contact hours obtained, request a letter from someone at your place of employment asking them to state and verify in the letter how many hours you worked, with date range if possible. Keep the letter with your files and submit it where possible; you at least have it in case any program asks. And its easy reference when it comes time to document the hours in CASPA and in the graduate application at the school(s) you're applying.