2012/2013 Application Cycle

Molly,

First off, congrats on getting an interview!!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you send in your applications? And when or did you get an email stating you've met the minimum criteria, etc? I haven't gotten a rejection letter, but no emails yet either...getting nervous :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yes, Pacific only has three interview Saturdays, and a couple of years ago they moved them up earlier in the season to have a better shot at the top applicants. When I interviewed, the interview days were in December, January, and January. Now, they're in October, November, and December.

• Administrator
I received an invite to interview this next Saturday the 17th with only a week notice. So they must still have some spots open for November?

I'm guessing that meant that someone else cancelled their interview, so they're trying to fill the spot with the next candidate.

(For what it's worth, in my class, the "outstanding graduate" was waitlisted prior to being given a slot in the class. Deciding among excellent candidates is an inexact science, so don't take it personally that you were probably a backfill)

I am set to interview on Dec. 1st.. About to make my plane/hotel reservations.. When is everyone else flying in?? What hotels are others staying at?

It would be great if some of us were arriving around the same time and able to travel towards the hotels together..

I'll be flying in Friday morning from Ca! I haven't booked my hotel yet, do you have any ideas of where you're booking yours? Maybe we can stay at the same hotel and head to the interview together Sat morning? :)

That would be great lilian87. It may ease our nervousness to be on the buddy system:) I dont have my hotel yet either. Planning on either the Holiday Inn Express or SpringHill Suites. I believe Spring Hill has a shuttle to take us to the interview, but I want to call and confirm that. Are you staying Sat. night as well, or going back to Cali after the interview?

When I interviewed at Pacific, I stayed at the Econo Lodge in Hillsboro. It's not fancy at all (and doesn't have a hairdryer) but if you're not picky it's a good place to stay. Its about a 10 minute walk to campus and I think the room cost about $50. Just wanted to put in a plug for the Hillsboro hotels. There's a good Indian restaurant right next to it, and good pho & thai food across the street in the shopping plaza.

Archived