2012/2013 Application Cycle

November 17th interview invite. :)

LisaPhx and gregorygirl,

Congrats! Getting that interview is such an awesome feeling! I found out that I will be at the October and November interviews helping out as a student mentor. I'll be there to help answer questions and show you how amazing Pacific is! It is truly an awesome program!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Deejfenn. It's very exciting! A friend of mine is in your class, Betsy. :) I've been accepted to one school already so haven't yet made the decision on this interview. I need to soon though!

Dukas11, I received the email invite yesterday. That was the only email I received from Pacific. Good luck to you!

Sorry everyone, the interview is actually 25 min not what I quoted previously as 30-40min.

If you have any questions regarding specifics of the interview day schedule make sure you contact Leah the Assistant Director of Graduate and Professional Programs Admissions for the most accurate info: lpelto@pacificu.edu.

Hope everyone is excited about next weekend!

Hey olychris and everyone,

The interview was individual, I had a faculty member and a community PA interviewing me. It was also timed, I was given about 30 - 40 min (if i remember right). I believe they had around 35-45 people invited to my interview in December. I am now in school with (and am really good friends with) a LOT of people I interviewed with, so don't be shy to interact with everyone, they might be spending everyday with you for the next two years... Good luck everyone, its an exciting time! Hopefully i'll see you there at the interviews.

Great job to those who came and interviewed yesterday, everyone did really good! It is a very different experience being on the other end of the spectrum and not being scared, anxious, and nervous about the interview... Think happy thoughts, and I hope you hear back soon about an acceptance.

For those interviewing in November... I'll see you there! feel free to send any questions my way, or save them to ask on interview day.

Got the call from Leah this afternoon...ACCEPTED!!!

So pumped to attend Pacific! The interview experience was fantastic and the more I learn about their program, the more impressed I am. Good luck to all of those that are waiting for the call or interviewing next month. I can't wait to meet my fellow classmates.

Great job to those who came and interviewed yesterday, everyone did really good! It is a very different experience being on the other end of the spectrum and not being scared, anxious, and nervous about the interview... Think happy thoughts, and I hope you hear back soon about an acceptance.

For those interviewing in November... I'll see you there! feel free to send any questions my way, or save them to ask on interview day.

Hey! I was in your purple group--I found out today I got accepted! just wanted to say thanks for helping make the interview day less nerve wracking :)

Throwing it out there one more time before I make plans as I intend to book everything this weekend. I'm flying in from Texas for the November 17th interview. Anyone interested in sharing a hotel or renting a car and does anyone have recommendations for affordable and safe accommodations in the area? I also plan on staying there Fri-Sun so if anyone is interested in seeing the area before or after the interview then message me on here! Best of luck to everyone and I'm excited to go back to Oregon!

cmj0233 I live in Hillsboro and I would recommend staying at Holiday Inn Express Portland/West Hillsboro. I am not sure of the price, but it is in a nice area and it is right next to the Max, which is a light rail system. Pacific has a stop off the Max and it cost $2.50 to ride. Stay away from anything that is super close to Pacific the area is not the best. If you want any other info you can PM me.

• Administrator
Stay away from anything that is super close to Pacific the area is not the best.

The cheap hotels are closer to Pacific, which is "downtown" Hillsboro. The business hotels--which really aren't that much more--are closer to the Intel campuses. I strongly recommend the latter, rather than the former. It's not that the area itself is particularly bad... just that it's where the bad hotels are.

I got an invite today for the Dec 1st interview. I tried to see if there was another date available but was told by Leah that this was the last interview day. Not sure if she was being real with me, but I know there are a lot of applicants out there who want to know what is going on.

Molly - That sounds right. I interviewed with the Oct 27th group (we were the first group to interview) and we were told there were a total of 3 interview dates... If there was one in October, one happening mid-November, it would make sense that the last date would be something like Dec 1st. I hope you can move around your schedule to make the interview work; the interview day at Pacific was a great experience. Best of luck & congrats on the interview offer.

Archived