2012/2013 Application Cycle

Hello fellow Pacific applicants,

Has anyone here received any word of invitations for an interview yet?

I received an email today, 8/13/12 from Pacific that my CASPA and supplemental applications are received and complete...and now for the wait! Nerve racking, but I'm very excited to hear back from my top choice!

Based on my timing, I'm thinking that I will not hear about a possible interview until at least somewhere between September-November. I believe that the program has 3 interview sessions, one in Oct, Nov, and Dec.

Not even 24 hours have passed, and the wait is already killing me! It's going to be a long couple of months! :heheh:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a really cool new update for Pacific University! A Rural Health care track is now being offered for 5 students in the PA program. Our class (class of 2014) is the first class to take advantage of the full program, this is a really great opportunity and an added opportunity for those interesting in applying to Pacific University. Check out the link: http://www.pacificu.edu/news/detail.cfm?NEWS_ID=11481&CATEGORY_ID=1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything yet, either.

Looking at the 2011 forum postings for Pacific applicants, the first mention of anyone getting notice about an interview occurred in the last week of September. Perhaps there were a few invites that occurred before then, but obviously, those people didn't post anything (notice GRE analytic writing strategy ;->).

If the forum postings from last year are an accurate representation, we might start hearing something next week!

Good luck everyone!

• Administrator

Pacific is not a particularly early-notifying school. When I applied three cycles ago, Pacific was the 4th of 5 schools at which I interviewed. They've moved up the schedule since then, but have not historically been aggressive at picking through the flood of incoming candidates and extending early interview offers. Do make sure you do your secondary application appropriately if you're really interested in Pacific! Last year, ~15% of CASPA applicants never bothered filling it out, as I understand it.

Hey olychris and everyone,

The interview was individual, I had a faculty member and a community PA interviewing me. It was also timed, I was given about 30 - 40 min (if i remember right). I believe they had around 35-45 people invited to my interview in December. I am now in school with (and am really good friends with) a LOT of people I interviewed with, so don't be shy to interact with everyone, they might be spending everyday with you for the next two years... Good luck everyone, its an exciting time! Hopefully i'll see you there at the interviews.

Thanks Deejfenn. What is the format of the interview? Is it a pannel interview or individual? Also, about how many people are invited to each interview?

The interview was capped, meaning after 30-40 min you are done (regardless of where you are at in the interview). The interviewers were very cognitive of the time, and tried to get everything in, but it won't go on for hours until they get all the info out of you they want. make sense?

The interview was timed? What do you mean?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived