How do P.A. schools feel about retaking pre requisites at community colleges? ( NYC AREA)

1 hour ago, sunflower1008 said:

Hi guys, 

Somewhere along my sophomore year, I decided that I wanted to be a PA. My major is Human Biology which means that my major requirements include general biology, chemistry, and statistics. I got a C for Chem 1 and a B for Chem 2. I got a D in Bio 1 ( Ik that bad), but I retook it at BMCC cuz in order to continue in my major I need a credit or C grade.  After that I chose to do a credit grade for my Bio 2 grade, which saved my GPA and let me continue in my major. However, I know that PA schools don't accept PA grades so my question is should I retake Chem 1 and Bio 2 at a community college or at a different 4 year college? 

I'm not sure what "PA schools don't accept PA grades" means. Or a "credit grade" for that matter. Also, if I were you, I'd up my game in sentence structure instead of putting up messages that look like long tweets.

Reading between the lines, your grades could be a significant challenge for you. Most PA programs accept community college grades which can be a good thing if you have to take a couple of years of working during the day and going to school at night to build up your average.

Best wishes.

12 hours ago, UGoLong said:

I'm not sure what "PA schools don't accept PA grades" means. Or a "credit grade" for that matter. Also, if I were you, I'd up my game in sentence structure instead of putting up messages that look like long tweets.

Reading between the lines, your grades could be a significant challenge for you. Most PA programs accept community college grades which can be a good thing if you have to take a couple of years of working during the day and going to school at night to build up your average.

Best wishes.

Hi, 

Edited by sunflower1008

15 hours ago, sunflower1008 said:

Hi, 

Thank you for your response. If I were you, I would educate myself enough to know that a " credit grade" means that an individual chose to just receive credit for a certain class and that the letter grade they got won't affect their GPA. I would also advise you to attend an institution of higher learning since you don't know what a credit grade is. Also, I would advise you to stop to look at all the other messages that look like long tweets and think to myself, " Maybe my comment about long tweets was unnecessary."  Reading between the lines, I'd up my game of actually knowing what I'm talking about if I were you.

Best Wishes. 

My initial response to your latest post was more negative than it should have been. You're just doing your best. Sorry about that.

My comments to your first post were to the effect that I didn't understand some of it. I probably could have been more diplomatic then as well. As far as "upping my game," I suppose we could all do that. Remember that not all schools call the same concept by the same title. For example, "credit grade" is not a concept where I teach.

By the way, I am a PA program faculty member with four university degrees so perhaps just the explanation of the terms I hadn't heard of before would have been more diplomatic as well. 

We all have room for improvement.

Edited by UGoLong