Can I get a refund of deposit if I request it 24 hours later?

Hi everyone. I am in a predicament right now. Its not a bad one to be in though. 

Yesterday I put down a $1500 deposit to a school I was happy to be accepted into.

This morning, I received an acceptance to a school that fits me a little better. Has anyone asked a school to refund the deposit or voided the transaction with their credit card company? I want to request this professionally so maybe its just better to ask and call? Would love to hear if anyone has done it before.

thanks!

I have never done this, but I have paid a crapload to the wrong credit card and had that reversed.

People make mistakes all of the time. I would just call and let them know you placed the payment in error and ask for a refund. If you did it through a credit card, call the credit card office and see if they've posted it to the school already. If they did not, cancel it through them. If they have, then call the school directly.