Applicants for Jan 2023 Start

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Thundercoco said:

Interviewed 11/19, accepted 11/20!  Has anyone accepted received an email from the program yet? I just need it in writing to assuage my anxiety haha

I'm glad I'm not the only one nervously waiting. I think after all the hard work getting into PA school it almost seems too good to be true. 😅 I hope we get a response soon. Congrats to everyone for the acceptance. And if you haven't heard back yet, or have heard other bad news, don't let it get you too down! This is my second year applying and if I can do it you can to 😊

Edited by PAhopeful9898
Misspelling
  • Upvote 1

I'll share my stats. I'm a non traditional student with prior work experience outside of healthcare.

cGPA ~ 3.2

sGPA ~ 3.7

Last 60 credits ~ 4.0

Volunteer hours ~ 800

Shadowing > 10 hours primary care 

PCE ~ 4000

GRE > 300

l don't want to reveal too much about the interview but you will have plenty of opportunities to make a good impression. Everyone was really kind. I found this interview to be the most enjoyable I have done. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I was accepted at the end of November, but besides setting up my Clarkson University email, I haven't heard anything. I know the program doesn't start until January of next year, but has anybody else heard anything? I'm super excited to hear back about the next steps and meet everybody else in the cohort! 🙂 

4 hours ago, NikiStone said:

Hey everyone! I was accepted at the end of November, but besides setting up my Clarkson University email, I haven't heard anything. I know the program doesn't start until January of next year, but has anybody else heard anything? I'm super excited to hear back about the next steps and meet everybody else in the cohort! 🙂 

Hi there! You probably won’t hear more about next steps until later this spring. The new cohort just started, and the S3s are completing their summative phase and will be graduating in May, so there’s a lot going on 🙂 I’d be happy to answer any questions you have in the meantime! I know when I got accepted it wasn’t until July/Aug when we really started getting more communication and info. 

20 hours ago, equestrian307 said:

Hi there! You probably won’t hear more about next steps until later this spring. The new cohort just started, and the S3s are completing their summative phase and will be graduating in May, so there’s a lot going on 🙂 I’d be happy to answer any questions you have in the meantime! I know when I got accepted it wasn’t until July/Aug when we really started getting more communication and info. 

Thank you so much! I can be patient and wait to hear back- I'm just overly excited haha. But if I think of any specific questions I'll definitely let you know! 🙂 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Usually there is a group facebook page, I'll look into it if you guys don't have something started already. 

Finding housing in Potsdam can be tough. Lots of people live in the Collegiate Village, which is nice because it is furnished and close to school. Many landlords will just put a phone number and for rent sign in the yard which can make it hard if you are hunting from far away. My husband and I are relocating in August, and our apartment will be available in September, if anyone is interested feel free to send me a pm. It's a decent 2 bedroom for an affordable price, and the landlord is very nice. 

Enjoy your fall!