2013 Cycle

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mm11890 I got an acceptance call Tuesday also and then a rejection email with someone else's name yesterday too! I called and spoke to Audra who assured me that I AM accepted and something went wrong with the emails. She said something that the lines of names and emails weren't lined up properly so it sent to the wrong person.

Although I submitted ~late end of sept, their deadline is nov. I have not heard from them even for a secondary. I have 3.92 science and a 3.92 overall GPA from stony brook for a biology major. I have a year of experience working as a medical assistant. The only thing was that I'm taking the genetics requirement this semester. =( don't know what to do

I have tried calling at least 6 times throughout this whole process and I have never once had anyone pick up the phone. No returned voicemails or emails. So I have no idea how else to get through to them.... It is frustrating when all the other programs respond to you and address concerns or questions but for some reason, I can't get anything out of them...I just don't get it.

Yes, I did interview this month. I also asked what I can do to improve my chances w/ a 3.3 and almost 9 years of patient care + clinical research experience- I'm not sure what else to do ( maybe a masters?)..but they said they don't offer any counseling or help for 2nd time re-applicants- which makes me feel like they don't support there prospect students- I most likely will not be reapplying there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I hope everyone in the Northeast is safe and sound after Monday night! My thoughts and prayers are sent out to all that have been affected....

Does anyone out there have an upcoming interview at Stony Brook on November 29th? I have been reading the blog and see that there has been a great number of accepted applicants already. I am assuming that this is the last interview date, but was wondering how many spots are still available...Stony Brook is my #1 choice school, and I would be absolutely honored to attend there. Will be keeping my fingers crossed :-)

Happy Halloween to all!

I didn't know they had a 4th interview session? According to their site: "Each year, the Stony Brook PA Program conducts interviews on three separate dates. Approximately 180 candidates are invited to interview for 44 seats from among a pool of between 1800-1850 applicants"

I was told by a first year that their class is finalized like mid December actually...

Hey everyone!

I hope everyone in the Northeast is safe and sound after Monday night! My thoughts and prayers are sent out to all that have been affected....

Does anyone out there have an upcoming interview at Stony Brook on November 29th? I have been reading the blog and see that there has been a great number of accepted applicants already. I am assuming that this is the last interview date, but was wondering how many spots are still available...Stony Brook is my #1 choice school, and I would be absolutely honored to attend there. Will be keeping my fingers crossed :-)

Happy Halloween to all!

I have an interview on 11/29 as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived