2013 Cycle

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey for those who got acceptances did they contact you via mail, email, or phone? Is there a writing portion.? And how many interviewers did you see? And is there a group interview? Sorry for asking so many questions would really appreciate your answers.

They contact you via phone for your acceptance. There is no writing portion or group interview. You have two 20 minute interviews and there are two people in each interview (mixture of current students, graduates, and preceptors). Good luck!!

Hi everyone! For these who interviewed already, how many of PA applicants were there during your interview? Also, I am aware that there will be two 20 minute individual interviews. Can you guys provide more info on how your interview process went? This program is at the top of my list and I am just very nervous for the interview process. Thanks so much.

each session has about 30 applicants (60 total) for the day. we all met together for a ppt presentation and then they broke us into 3 groups. each group rotated through interviews, a tour, and staying and chatting with the current 1st year students. the day was nice and smooth. the interviews are great, and everyone was very friendly. the 1st year students are with you the entire time and there is plenty of time to ask any and all questions you may have. good luck!!!

As for how many spots are left, I would assume at least 30. I HIGHLY doubt that they would accept a third of in the first interview off the bat really though, so the number is probably higher.

The interviews are super laid back seriously! Being nervous is good, but don't psych yourself out! And if you're staying at the Holiday Inn and are taking the shuttle, they automatically schedule you for the 730am bus for the AM group, but you can ask to go at 7 if you want! I didn't feel comfortable with getting there with only 10 or so minutes to spare (I am one of those people that is ALWAYS early) so I went earlier on the 7am bus,there's a starbucks in the lobby that a few other candidates and I had coffee waiting, so it was nice getting to know the other candidates and relaxing before the day began :)

Good luck to everyone!

I am actually from Los Angeles, so I flew in to ISP for the interview. I did research the train though originally (was going to fly into Kennedy) and I believe it was about a 2 hour trip from Penn Station to the Stony Brook station (includes transferring at one point). I don't know how on time they run though as I have never actually taken it. Make sure if you are subway-ing to Penn station before taking the LIRR to give yourself a little extra time as the Subways were never consistent the couple times I visited the city in the past. I would also check the bus schedule for the school (i.e. when it gets to the station and how long it takes to get to campus) as that will definitely impact which of the times you take LIRR. Let me know if you have any other questions! I will try to help out as much as I can :)

you can use this website http://lirr42.mta.info/.... Just put in you're starting station (Penn Station if coming from NYC) and Stony Brook as your destination, the date and time, and you will get a list of train times. Weekends the LIRR runs on or close to schedule usually, but the subways can always run late so like @constantvm said leave a bit of time for those! Im from Long Island, let me know if I can tell you anything else! Good Luck !!

Rejected. Didn't even get an interview.

stats:

Indiana University 2011 BA in psychology, certificate in Neuroscience

GPA: 3.67

CASPA Overall gpa: 3.6

CASPA science: 3.45

hours: over 2,000 working (currently since Aug 2011) full time as medical assistant at an ear, nose, and throat office. Scrub into and assist in surgeries as well. Certified EMT. Two summers of Lyme disease research, one summer working with Neuropsychology. 3 semesters working in a neuro lab involving stress mechanisms in the brain.

Other: 2010/2011 women's varsity NCAA div 1 rowing

volunteered at boys and girls club and local elementary school.

Outstanding class: only microbiology, currently taking at a 4 year college and got a 104 on first exam.

....confused....

Your stats are great, so it probably had something to do with your personal statement or the time you submitted your application. I am relatively sure all the interview spots were full sometime in September (correct me if I am wrong!) so it's possible they didn't even get a chance to really look at your app.

Rejected. Didn't even get an interview.

stats:

Indiana University 2011 BA in psychology, certificate in Neuroscience

GPA: 3.67

CASPA Overall gpa: 3.6

CASPA science: 3.45

hours: over 2,000 working (currently since Aug 2011) full time as medical assistant at an ear, nose, and throat office. Scrub into and assist in surgeries as well. Certified EMT. Two summers of Lyme disease research, one summer working with Neuropsychology. 3 semesters working in a neuro lab involving stress mechanisms in the brain.

Other: 2010/2011 women's varsity NCAA div 1 rowing

volunteered at boys and girls club and local elementary school.

Outstanding class: only microbiology, currently taking at a 4 year college and got a 104 on first exam.

....confused....

When did you get your rejection? Did you send the supplemental back in time? I got a call that I was accepted the Tuesday after my interview, and then today got a rejection email addressed to someone else, and when I called to see what that was all about they said there was a problem with their system. Did this happen to anyone else? Maybe it has something to do with it, you should email and ask where your flaws fell in your application either way.

Archived