2013 Cycle

I applied in mid august just waiting to hear now :O_O:. I just graduated in May from Stony Brooks Health Science program so I'm really hoping to go back cause the faculty is amazing at the HSC. Just wondering what some people who received interviews stats are? Just wondering if I am anywhere close to getting an interview =) Good luck to everyone with all of their applications and interviews!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stony brook just sent a supplemental app yesterday. Hopefully i complete it by next week. How soon am i expected to hear back after i turn in my supp app?

I read a post under the SB forums that it took SB a week before getting back with an interview invite after submitting the supp apps, that is assuming they like you enough for one. I don't know how it works exactly...but if they're requesting a supplemental would that mean our chances of an invite are higher? Just thinking optimistically I guess.

But I'm in the same boat, got my supp app yesterday. Going to try and complete it today or over the weekend. Though it's a long weekend, so even if we submit the supp app this weekend they won't officially receive it until Wednesday (due to the holidays). Waiting is so daunting.

Keep in mind this was my second year applying. I got rejected by 8 schools last year, but I am just going to list the ones I applied to this year. I applied super early this year, though if you haven't heard back from any place don't worry. I didn't hear back from most of the programs until October/November last year though.

Undergrad Ed School: Indiana University of PA

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.50

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.39

Age at application time :23

1st GRE (old GRE): 680 Quant, 440 Vocab, 4.5 Essay

Direct Patient Care : (type & hours) Patient Care Technician~2200 hours, CNA~100

Extracurricular/Research Activities:

Chemistry Award (for excellence in Sciences)

Indiana University of Pennsylvania American Chemical Society Prof. Member

Alpha Chi Sigma Professional Chemistry Fraternity Member

Honors Connection Volunteer

Indiana University of Pennsylvania American Chemical Society Tutor

Participant in Undergraduate Research Forum

Participant in Undergraduate Women’s Scholar Forum

Undergraduate Research- Circadian and Ultradian Rhythms in Paramecium tetraulrelia/Water Chemistry of Beer

Schools Applied:

[TABLE=width: 700]

[TR]

[TD=class: MatrixBlank2, align: left]Midwestern University Glendale[/TD]

[TD=class: MatrixBlank2, align: center][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: MatrixBlank2, align: left] Western University of Health Science[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: MatrixBlank2, align: left] Touro University - CA Joint MSPAS/MPH Program[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: MatrixBlank2, align: left] Duke University[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: MatrixBlank2, align: left] Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences Physician Assistant Program[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: MatrixBlank2, align: left] Long Island University[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: MatrixBlank2, align: left] Pace University - Lenox Hill Hospital[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: MatrixBlank2, align: left] Stony Brook University[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Application Submitted Date:

June 1, 2012

Schools Received Application Date: (approximate date)

June 15, 2012

Interview Invites:

Campbell University

Touro University

Stony Brook University

Denied:

Pace University

Western University (not officially, but since my GPA was not 3.6 or above I have been sidelines)

Withdrew Application:N/A about to withdraw all apps but Stony Brook

Waitlisted:

Campbell University

Accepted:

Stony Brook University

Wow congrats constantvm on your acceptance. Stony brook is my first choice so far I have been interviewed at Albany and it was very laidback interview as well but I have heard that many schools can be cut throat. My interview is next month hopefully all goes well good luck everyone!

PA school are so strange. I just looked at your stats, constantvm, and I have totally different stats, some better and some worse than yours. My top choice is Stonybrook, so what do u think my chances are at getting in? Age:20 CASPA submitted: late August Supplemental Application submitted: September 15 GPA:3.9 science GPA:3.9 Direct patient care: pediatric intensive care 50 hr, Medical Assistant 200 hr, volunteer for children with special needs 500 hr, and 100 hr shadowing PAs. Do u think I could maybe get in? I got an interview with PACE and have not heard back from any other schools yet (Touro, PCOM, Phila U, Salus, Drexel, UMDNJ) thanks...

PA school are so strange. I just looked at your stats, constantvm, and I have totally different stats, some better and some worse than yours. My top choice is Stonybrook, so what do u think my chances are at getting in? Age:20 CASPA submitted: late August Supplemental Application submitted: September 15 GPA:3.9 science GPA:3.9 Direct patient care: pediatric intensive care 50 hr, Medical Assistant 200 hr, volunteer for children with special needs 500 hr, and 100 hr shadowing PAs. Do u think I could maybe get in? I got an interview with PACE and have not heard back from any other schools yet (Touro, PCOM, Phila U, Salus, Drexel, UMDNJ) thanks...

When did you get the interview invite with Pace? I have the same stats as constantvm in terms of grades, but different DPT. I applied early August and submitted my Supplemental same time you did. PA Programs are pretty weird in terms of whom they give out invites to. I've seen people denied at pace and accepted at stony brook and vice versa. Like each school has their own particular criteria.

In any case, congrats on your invite from Pace!

Hi guys! on my sisters page but I interviewed on Sept 20th and got accepted the 25th! The interview was the best one i've had everyone was so nice and the PA students answered 5754 questions. My overall GPA was 3.86 undergrad and 3.68 Science.. I'm going in with my masters in Biology GPA 3.88 ... Patient hours= ~3,000 .. shadowed .. did research as grad student .. Interview day was very important want to make a connection and make sure they remember you .. in my interview we laughed and it was very relaxed.. overall i'm so pumped and cannot wait to start! love love love SB

Archived