Trigger point injection

Happy November everyone. I am currently working in an acute pain service practice in Pennsylvania. All inpatient with a mix of acute pain, exacerbations of chronic pain and pain/addiction. I would love to offer trigger point injections or other bedside procedures to help my patients (besides just giving meds). I have a few questions:

1. Where do I learn to do it? No one at my hospital system does them.
  2. Is it reimbursable?
  3. Has anyone had issues with scope of practice stuff?

Again, this is INPATIENT ONLY. The patients aren't being seen for chronic pain, so I'm concerned about reimbursement and, therefore, not being able to add it to my credentialing.

Thanks for your anticipated feedback!

JD

i do lots of them in EM, also nerve blocks, hematoma blocks, some interacticular injections.  Very reimbursable: there are 2 levels: 1-3 muscle groups (0.66 RVU)  and > 3 muscle groups (0.75 RVU).  You just need a good procedure note: consent, location, what meds injected (I typically use a combination of 2% lidocaine for rapid onset and 0.5% marcaine for longer duration, usually about a 20/80 mix).  I'm largely self-taught.  I've had no scope of practice issues in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...