Associate not allowed in legislation

I think its a big leap to assume AAPA knew this would happen in any specific venue. It sounds like your state medical society is being petty. These type things were fairly predictable and just have to be dealt with as they happen.

It is an unnecessary law as what you can call yourself is probably already defined in statute. Your state society should be able to have it die in committee assuming it even gets that far. It is potsuring by the medical society so they can brag about their work stopping us from killing people.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Apparently 50% progress. How could you say this wasn’t expected? The million dollar research discovered physicians did NOT like associate.They DID think  MCP was best description. My own small group physicians do not want associate but would have been fine with MCP.      Just pitiful, the continued decisions AAPA and recently PAFT have made to stifle growth and ensure future for young PAs. I’ve seen new bills for a few states, not one is getting title change, unless I’ve missed something. 

well I don't really disagree BUT it wasn't exactly AAPA who picked associate. It was the HOD made up of representatives of all our state societies and specialty societies. As a profession we lack the nards to make bold moves.

When we cease to exist (in a practical sense) there won't be anyone for me to say "I told you so" too.

4 hours ago, sas5814 said:

well I don't really disagree BUT it wasn't exactly AAPA who picked associate. It was the HOD made up of representatives of all our state societies and specialty societies. As a profession we lack the nards to make bold moves.

When we cease to exist (in a practical sense) there won't be anyone for me to say "I told you so" too.

The experts picked MCP...NOT Associate.  1 million bucks, right down the drain.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

yup...so we circle back to the HOD who ignored the results of a 2 year, million dollar study. I guess technically the HOD is AAPA but I think of it more as a body of our elected representatives. So I am sticking with we collectively lack the foresight to see the obvious and the intestinal fortitude to make a bold change.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Hope2PA said:

Illinois has new legislation, Senate bill 145,for Physician assistant. It states they are not allowed to use associate in their title and must introduce as physician assistant. AAPA knew this would occur. They had no intention of helping the profession progress.

Reading the bill it appears to me that the ban on using associate is not new language I. The statute. 

3 hours ago, sas5814 said:

yup...so we circle back to the HOD who ignored the results of a 2 year, million dollar study. I guess technically the HOD is AAPA but I think of it more as a body of our elected representatives. So I am sticking with we collectively lack the foresight to see the obvious and the intestinal fortitude to make a bold change.

I spoke with some of my states HOD

Gauwd they were clueless!!  it was demoralizing.... there is no visionary leadership in PA profession....

• Upvote 1