Jump to content

International MD equivalent applying to PA school

Recommended Posts

  • 5 months later...
On 10/26/2021 at 3:13 PM, PNT20 said:

Hello, Is there anyone in the group who is has degree equivalent of an MD (MBBS) and is applying to PA school currently?

I noticed Puerto Rico Board of Medicine (Junta) has a process for MD/MBBS graduates of approved schools of medicine that hold the title of Doctor of Medicine.... to obtain a Physician Assistant "Medico Asistente" license.  I'm guessing the Board recognizes some foreign trained physicians and want to utilize them as PA's while they search for a medical residency? Puerto Rico is a US territory/commonwealth, and you will be eligible to apply for an NPI number. Disclaimer: I have no experience in this pathway as it is fairly new and I would suggest a Spanish translator and doing some further investigation.

The server is down frequently but here is a link:


You can use the English translate function.  Don't be confused by the term "Medical Assistant."  Medico Asistente or Medico Auxiliar means Physician or Doctor Assistant in English.


Edited by lifeguard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More