Substitute "Doctors" for MCP's and NP's and this article is chilling...

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ventana said:

... just unsure how on earth to ever do that

And here some people thought that loading people with professional school debt and making them have to hold their nose and toe the line until their own hands are so dirty they're part of the system was some sort of inadvertent eventuality?

• Upvote 1

My only thought on the solution

Insurance takes away the "facility fee" and revamps the pay for primary care and out patient medicine (not the specialities)

The big hospital corps will divest of the physician practices when they loose money

The doc's will go back to private practice (hopefully they appreciate the ultimate control that happens when you answer ownly to the patient and their best answers)

PA get OTP and can open our own practices easily....

These steps might just make a difference.... but then again the suits will figure out a way to keep the providers under their thumbs somehow..... cause the benjamin rules all.... ($$$$$)

I have occasionally opined that managed care costs more then in the glory days when we just did what we thought was best without interference of bean counters and insurance companies. I don't know if its true but I'd love to see good data on what managed care "saves" vs the cost of having managed care....all the administrators and clerks and bean counters and phone calls and lost patient care hours due to administrative burden etc.

A colleague at my new position asked me if I was insane yet and we spoke about the clunky cumbersome methods of getting anything done. She said "lower your standards.....and then lower them some more. If you care too much you'll go insane."

Its a sad statement but probably more so because it rings true.

• Upvote 1