General Question

Hi everyone.

I recently decided I really want to work in the medical field. At first I decided to be pre-med but have come to the conclusion that the med school route is not for me. I decided on PA as the better choice for me but I have a ton on questions. 

1. I am currently a Psychology (BA) major at UCLA and I am a junior. Since I was going to do pre-med I am currently taking Gen Chem (which is still needed as a pre-req for PA school). However, I do not think I can finish all the pre-reqs in just two years and was wondering if I can finish them at a community college?

2. What extra work do I need to do? I am currently a volunteer at a hospital in the labor and delivery unit, I am a tutor for homeless children, and volunteer at a homeless shelter kitchen. I also will ask around for a shadow opportunity. However, I was wondering what else do I need?

3. Do I need to do research? I know for med school research was very important and was wondering if PA schools also look for that. 

Thank you! 🙂

2 hours ago, KarlaVega said:

Hi everyone.

I recently decided I really want to work in the medical field. At first I decided to be pre-med but have come to the conclusion that the med school route is not for me. I decided on PA as the better choice for me but I have a ton on questions. 

1. I am currently a Psychology (BA) major at UCLA and I am a junior. Since I was going to do pre-med I am currently taking Gen Chem (which is still needed as a pre-req for PA school). However, I do not think I can finish all the pre-reqs in just two years and was wondering if I can finish them at a community college?

2. What extra work do I need to do? I am currently a volunteer at a hospital in the labor and delivery unit, I am a tutor for homeless children, and volunteer at a homeless shelter kitchen. I also will ask around for a shadow opportunity. However, I was wondering what else do I need?

3. Do I need to do research? I know for med school research was very important and was wondering if PA schools also look for that. 

Thank you! 🙂

All sounds fine. Classes at CC are fine.  We do not care about stupid crap like research.