Hello everyone! best of luck this cycle.

I was reviewing the requirements and was unsure if the 500 community service hours is required or just highly recommended.. in other words would my app be auto rejected if I don't have 500 hours? I am planning to email them tomorrow morning, but was curious if anyone knows?

Thank you! 🙂

On 10/4/2021 at 3:17 PM, JPAJJ said:

I was reviewing the requirements and was unsure if the 500 community service hours is required or just highly recommended.. in other words would my app be auto rejected if I don't have 500 hours? I am planning to email them tomorrow morning, but was curious if anyone knows?

Thank you! 🙂

Great question, I was wondering about the same thing too. What did they say in the e-mail response?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 3:17 PM, JPAJJ said:

Thank you! 🙂

I have to say, 500 volunteer hours for a requirement is quite a lot, probably the highest I've seen. Not a huge fan of the requirement. I can personally afford to volunteer, but many others in worse financial situations may not be able to to the same if they are already (and likely) working a low paying PCE job. Not sure if I should try to reach 500 hours by the deadline or work on my PCE more for next cycle. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I’m a first year student CSUMB MSPA Program. My classmates and I going to host a zoom meeting where we will talk about our experience in PA school, and answer attendees’ questions. This event will happen within the next week. To receive an invitation, please email joemm0426@gmail.com 

In the email, please state if you are applying to CSUMB MSPA Program, schools in California, and or schools outside of CA.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 8:38 PM, Joemonkey said:

Hello,

I’m a first year student CSUMB MSPA Program. My classmates and I going to host a zoom meeting where we will talk about our experience in PA school, and answer attendees’ questions. This event will happen within the next week. To receive an invitation, please email joemm0426@gmail.com 

In the email, please state if you are applying to CSUMB MSPA Program, schools in California, and or schools outside of CA.

Attached is a link to attend a Q&A with current first year students at 7:15 PM, Tuesday, June 14th, Pacific Time.

https://csumb.zoom.us/j/84700533455

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Raquello said:

Just received Zoom interview invite June 20th! I’m beyond excited and still in shock :), I wonder how many people get interviews and from those get into the cohort? Good luck everyone!

I requested for the 22nd or 23rd! As a 2nd time applicant this past 21/22 cycle, I was feeling pretty hopeless because I didn't hear from most of the schools I applied to. I can't believe it!! Good luck, everyone!

• Like 1