For Those Of You Who Use Anki Can ---> Please Help.

Hello I was looking to see what other PA students have for their settings for PA schools quick learning environment. Please any tips is appreciated I know everyone is different and learns different but just want to see which settings they have for their Anki account. Everything I see from my research is pointed towards med school and nothing is discussing PA school which requires quarter the amount of time to learn the step 2 phase didactic year.

ANYTHING HELPS!

• 3 weeks later...

I dont make my own cards. I largely use those made by my classmates. I find the cloze deletion and image occlusion add ons to by helpful. Anki is something you have to keep up with for it to be really useful. 

you could try downloading the anking deck and search by tags to get to info that you are currently learning. 

• 1 month later...

100% support using Anki if you become proficient at it and are able to use it efficiently.  It will improve your exam and board scores if you do it right. 

It can be cumbersome to make your own decks for every lecture.  I did this my first semester of med school and it was a lot of work. My school started an "Anki Group" where a group of us take turns to sign up making decks for lectures and then post them to a spreadsheet and distribute to the class. That being said, each person has their own style of decks and many group members ended up leaving and started just using the "AnKing Decks" as the cards have been continuously updated and improved by AnKi staff and med students along the way.  AnKing deck is huge, so search by tags like PAtoMD said to find topics.  There's plenty of videos on how to do this.  AnKing cards may be in greater detail when it comes to histology, biochem, embryology etc than what is presented in PA school IIRC back to PA school.

If you do use Anki, 100% upgrade to the AnKing Close Deletion card type and use close deletions. Cards should be short and sweet with the close deletion only on testable facts so that you can fly through these cards and not waste time trying to figure out what is going on.  Use Image Occlusion for Anatomy. 

Spaced repetition works. There's data to back it up.  But should not be your sole source of studying.