MEDEX Tacoma Interview

2 hours ago, Eboudreau said:

Hello future PA's,

My name is Elizabeth, and I am a current didactic student from Tacoma class 9. If anyone has any questions about the program, feel free to reach out. A few classmates and I would also be available for a zoom meeting before your interview to help calm your nerves. 

Good luck!

Elizabeth 

Elizabeth! So good to see you still on here.  I have my interview on oct 8 after being waitlisted last year. Hoping this is going to be it.  How is class?? Anything different due to covid restrictions?

On 9/29/2021 at 6:33 PM, Williamsan6 said:

Elizabeth! So good to see you still on here.  I have my interview on oct 8 after being waitlisted last year. Hoping this is going to be it.  How is class?? Anything different due to covid restrictions?

Hello Williamsan6, 

Congratulations on your interview, and good luck! I bet this year will be the year. 
As for classes, I think a few things may have changed in-class learning since Covid. Many of our lectures are pre-recorded videos; we are expected to watch the videos before class. In class, we have more hands-on learning activities. I'm not sure if lectures were done like this in the past or not. I find it very helpful to have the lectures pre-recorded, so you can go back at any time to re-watch them. 
As for restrictions, we always have to have our masks on while inside the classroom. However, we can take them off in the lobby/hall if we are actively eating or drinking. Also, we can't remove the mask for our physical exams to look in the mouth or nose; we have to verbalize what we would be doing and looking for.
Other than that, there are not too many other restrictions. 

Elizabeth

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2021 at 7:07 AM, JuliaC said:

Thanks for starting this!  I have an interview on 10/8 as well.  I'm so grateful to be able to interview with this awesome program.  How was the interview day?  I'm so looking forward to "meeting" everyone.

Julia,

Congratulations on your interview; it will be a day you won't ever forget. Is this your first time interviewing with MEDEX? Is your interview going to be via Zoom? That's how ours was last year. The day itself will go by in the blink of an eye. I suggest preparing a few snacks and meals to have ready for your breaks. This way, you can eat, relax and calm down, then get back to socializing with one another.

Elizabeth

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Eboudreau said:

Julia,

Congratulations on your interview; it will be a day you won't ever forget. Is this your first time interviewing with MEDEX? Is your interview going to be via Zoom? That's how ours was last year. The day itself will go by in the blink of an eye. I suggest preparing a few snacks and meals to have ready for your breaks. This way, you can eat, relax and calm down, then get back to socializing with one another.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth, Thank you for the advice and tips. I really appreciate your response!  The interview will be zoom again this year.  Yes, this is my first time interviewing with MEDEX. 🙂  It sounds like they make the day enjoyable!

2 hours ago, Dee23 said:

Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for reaching out! There is a group meeting on Thursday at 5 via zoom if your classmates can join in on that. 

Any other random advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

https://www.physicianassistantforum.com/topic/61275-medex-tacoma-interview-oct-2021/

Thank you Dee23, I posted on that thread. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you to everyone who showed up to the zoom meeting tonight. I hope meeting a few current students was helpful. Good luck to everyone on Monday; remember to be yourself.  Please don't hesitate to reach out to me for any advice, questions or concerns. I will be available most of the weekend.  I would love to assist you all through the process. You will all do great, remember you belong to be there. 

Elizabeth