This was a new take on the pandemic

Had a patient last night who was COVID negative but insisted "I AM COVID".  Demanded that I call the pope, the president, and the sheriff from 2 counties over.  Said bad things would happen if I didn't.  Not sure why he felt this way, but prior hx of in-patient mental health care, non-compliance with meds, and meth use just might be contributing.

Prophylactic haldol, ativan, and benadryl seemed to work well.  We were able to find an appropriate secure facility for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, ohiovolffemtp said:

Had a patient last night who was COVID negative but insisted "I AM COVID".  Demanded that I call the pope, the president, and the sheriff from 2 counties over.  Said bad things would happen if I didn't.  Not sure why he felt this way, but prior hx of in-patient mental health care, non-compliance with meds, and meth use just might be contributing.

Prophylactic haldol, ativan, and benadryl seemed to work well.  We were able to find an appropriate secure facility for him.

COVID’s over everyone! We got him! 😝 

• Like 1

I remember those days.

An 18 g THROUGH the jeans into the thigh with some vitamin H and Ativan - 5/2.

A nice soft room and a time out.

THEN I go in to see the person with all methods of weaponry removed from my person and clothing and we chat about the Boogey Man and what recreationals were ingested that day. 

The DSM V will have to add some new codes after these past 2 years.................................

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ohiovolffemtp said:

I'm going with it being the meth.  Meth can really have that kind of effect on some patients.  Inpatient addiction treatment would be for the best in this kind of situation.

15 hours ago, Photograph51 said:

I'm going with it being the meth.  Meth can really have that kind of effect on some patients.  Inpatient addiction treatment would be for the best in this kind of situation.

Yes, had prior hx of in-patient mental health care followed by non-compliance.  I'm sure the meth exacerbated that, especially these sort of paranoid delusions.  I've seen it too many times.

• 3 months later...
On 9/26/2021 at 7:44 PM, ohiovolffemtp said:

Fume hood wouldn't contain them?

18 hours ago, Reality Check 2 said:

Hey SK732 - How is Canada, eh?

Miss seeing you on the forum!!!

Currently freezing here in Friendly Manitoba...starting to see people coming in with a problem AND COVID...as well as the usual anti-vaxx twits and twats, sickies that shouldn't be in fast track, meth heads, usual stuff.

9 hours ago, ohiovolffemtp said:

@Reality:

Which mutates faster, COVID or stupid?

I'm thinking that stupid is pretty contagious, particularly in some parts of my province, and seems to mutate faster that this virus as people let their considerable lack of patience and high degree of entitlement get the better of them.  And of course, everyone knows better than the people that actually do the work.  At least I haven't had anyone ask me for my dogs' ivermectin yet...though the day is young and I have two evening shifts ahead of me.

• Like 2