Emory Cardiac Critical Care Residency

FYI, Emory has posted on their jobs site the application for their CICU residency. They're planning on taking two residents in 2022. It's an offshoot of the general critical care medicine residency, which was the first program to be accredited by ARC-PA, so while this program is newer, it has a really good framework. They share most of their didactic curriculum and simulation labs, and overlap many rotations.

Happy to answer questions as I am able.

(full disclosure: I'm assisting the program director)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No, I don't think there's an employment requirement for Emory. I know for sure there isn't one for the department of cardiology (which houses this program).

Also no guarantee that there will be a job ready waiting for a graduate. It's a training program, not a staffing program. Pay is the same as for any other APP with a similar level of experience, but I believe there are bonuses paid out for retention.