Waiting...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think they didn't believe I was dedicated to PA. I only have 20 hours shadowing but that's all I could find on Saturdays since I work full-time. Guess I wasn't convincing enough. One of the ladies that interviewed me asked if I knew the names of professional PA organizations and if I was a member. So I guess to that particular one it would've helped a little to be a part even if you are only prePA right now. idk for sure but I plan on calling to find out. So grades and GRE aren't everything.

So sorry to see the rejections. I appreciate the honesty and candor from yall. Since admissions is on a rolling basis for UTMB, applying earlier would help. For Ashmash, you have a lot of heathcare experience that I think you can showcase better if you end up reapplying. IMO, you don't need direct PA experience (although it would help). You just need to show how you are dedicated to patient care and relay how being a physical therapist, nutritionist, etc is just the same as being a PA in terms of passion for patient care.

Thanks, Ash! Btw, did you apply to other schools? (you can PM me as to not deviate from this thread's discussion)

Bdb, I think I remember you from the 9/17/12 interview, if I am correct, you were the sweet gal who had the dog story. Correct me if I'm wrong. I can't believe that you commute 4 hrs everyday (to work)!!! Kudos to you :)

Lol, no that wasn't me. I was in October interview. Applied to unt, Utsw, utmb, Baylor. Want to stay in Houston or Dallas area. Not even an interview from unt or Utsw. Guess my personal statement wasn't thorough enough. Still waiting on Baylor invites but not holding my breath. The ppl on that board talk about their Masters degree and what publication they are in. Ill just apply super early next year and have my essay reviewed to make sure I covered any concerns.

Yes, that was me and I do commute 4hrs each day to Baylor College of Med. It is a pain, but pays for the application fees. This is my 3rd time applying and I'm on the alternate list to be interviewed at an out of state school. BCM has not sent out any invites for PA yet. They interviewed med students last week (they were down the hall from me). I'll just reapply even earlier to UTMB since it is my top choice (Mine was sent June 1st this year) I'm still waiting to hear back from 4 other schools, including BCM. Good luck to the rest of you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived