Waiting...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mfran0949 & Mlyly90 - I am also interviewing on September 17th. I had an interview last week at Midwestern in Glendale, AZ and found out yesterday that I was accepted. I am still going to interview because I am from Minnesota so I have never visited the UTMB campus before and I might like it better than MWU!

The interview went great! Very laid back. You will have 2 interviews, both for about 15-20 minutes. The most stressful part of the day is the wait. But just be yourself and enjoy the company of your other interviewees. I am glad to have met the interviewees that I did.

BTW, I got accepted!!! Interview was on 9/17/12. At 8:35am during my drive to work on 9/19/12, I received a phone call from my first interviewer who congratulated me on the phone and told me the good news. Formal interview acceptance email will be sent out next week, but she wanted to tell me sooner than that. So happy :)

You probably want to know my stats. Well, I will tell you, but do not use me as a measuring stick as I am not your typical applicant.

Overall GPA: 3.70, GRE Verbal: 154, GRE Math: 158, Writing: 5.0.

I am a non-traditional student. I have a B.S. in Microbiology, an MPH in Epidemiology, and an M.A. in Biochemistry/Cell Biology and have worked full time in clinical research for 5 years.

This does not mean you need to get a masters or go to grad school if you didn't get in or if you didn't get an interview invite.

My best advice is to identify your weaknesses and address them immediately. This means different things to different people. Take more science classes if your gpa is low. Take a GRE prep course if your GRE scores are too low. Work/volunteer at the hospital, do anything you can to show your love of the PA profession. Most importantly be genuine!!!

I've been around the block several times so I know how anxious/nervous you are all feeling. Just be patient and don't let the wait ruin your ability to enjoy your life now! Work hard, study smart, and play like you've never played before. I like to distract myself with Fantasy Football and Fantasy Baseball. Before you know it, you'll have that golden email that says, "You've been invited for an interview..."

Let me know if you have any questions :)

I also interviewed on the 17th and was accepted on the 19th. The whole process was really laid back. The faculty is very nice and the interviews were not stressful at all, aside from the waiting period before entering your interviewer’s office. I met some really great candidates that I hope to have as future classmates. To those going for an interview just relax as much as you can and be yourself. Think about what you’re going to say before you say it and enjoy the process. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed yesterday afternoon, and enjoyed the process. It was my first interview, so needless to say, I was VERY nervous! I'm glad I had the afternoon session because having the welcome session/orientation before my interview really calmed my nerves. The faculty was very friendly and the atmosphere is pretty relaxed. Keeping my fingers crossed for some good news :) Good luck to everyone!

Has anyone else interviewed and not been contacted? I know they told us that no news is good news but with people finding out 2 days after their interview it's hard to believe no news after 2 days is good... Anyone else in the same boat or know if people in the program now were accepted after weeks or months passed by after their interview?

I interviewed on 15th and haven't heard anything. And you can bet as soon as I saw people were called on 16th, 17th that I was devastated. I don't know how many they pick immediately after interview versus how many weeks after. However, what I'm telling myself (so I won't be in intermittent depression for the next few months, lol) is that they picked their absolute top favorites the days after the interview and the rest of the people are decides upon at a later date. It is kind of silly to get too down only a week out from the interview so we have to keep our heads up. Im pretty sure in last years board there were people accepted weeks after.

@ashmash and @laineyb28 So when I was on my interview one of my interviewers actually explained the process to me. It is true..no news is good news. So the way it works is that each interview group is given like a score and put into one of three categories. You are either in the top percentile, the middle, or the bottom. Pretty much, the top percentile are given spots right away, the middle aren't necessarily yes or no's but just stay in the pile, and the bottom get rejected right away. Then another interview group comes in and people are placed in those categories and the people who were previously in the middle will either move up, down, or stay in the middle. Eventually, if you get a high enough score they'll get a spot or if they continue to move down they will eventually be rejected. So...technically, no news means that you still have a chance and it's not like they forgot about you. That's why they say it's better to be in the first few interview groups because it gives you a better chance of staying the in pile if that makes sense.

Also, before I had my interview on the 17th I was talking to one of the current students and she said that she got accepted 2 weeks after her interview so maybe it'll take awhile.

I hope that helps!

Archived