Waiting...

I have also received an offer for the wait list at UTMB. I am having a hard time deciding between UTMB and UTSW. I have a friend who is in the PA program at UTMB right now and she complains about the clinical rotation sites. Having to move around to random small towns in Texas many times throughout the year would be rough...not to mention expensive and lonely. She also has talked about how she wishes she was part of a smaller class size and feels that it is harder to get one on one time with her professors. I like that UTSW allows rotations to be done in Dallas and that they have a much smaller class size. I really really like Galveston though and would be closer to my family if I went to UTMB. Any advice?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it depends what's important to you and where you'll be the happiest. I am choosing UMDNJ/Rutgers over other schools for the main reason that it is a small class size so you get to know both your classmates and faculty well. Since I am from California, that is the most important thing for me since I will be moving out of state and want to make new relationships. I have heard nothing but good things about UTSW and wish I could've applied there... Best of luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived