Waiting...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL! I read that post too and I thought it was pertaining to this year!! I was like "OMG.. they sent invites out already!" ... Then I realized it said 2011. Oops! So.. yeah.. I guess we should be hearing from them soon! If you get an invite private message me.. that way I'll know that the interviews have started to be mailed out. I will do the same if I hear from them. Thanks and good luck!!

LOL!  I read that post too and I thought it was pertaining to this year!! I was like "OMG.. they sent invites out already!" ... Then I realized it said 2011. Oops! So.. yeah.. I guess we should be hearing from them soon! If you get an invite private message me.. that way I'll know that the interviews have started to be mailed out. I will do the same if I hear from them. Thanks and good luck!!

Hi guys, I received notice from UTMB on july 17 that they were reviewing my application and then i got an interview invite via email on august 9th to interview in galveston on september 17th.

I'm not sure if I'm in the first interview group or not.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Hey guys, just curious...how long did it take for them to contact you with info regarding the supplemental? I have already heard from several of the other schools with the generic "thanks for applying. here's our supplemental..." email, but nothing yet from UTMB. My CASPA was 'mailed' the first week in August, so just wanted to know how soon I should be expecting anything. Thanks and best of luck!

I submitted my application through CASPA on July 6th...and I received a letter in the mail from UTMB on July 19 regarding my supplemental application. I submitted my supplemental application that same day and then received emails on July 26 from enrollment services with instructions on how to log in to my UTMB MyStar account. I haven't heard anything since....which is nerve wracking!!!!! Hope this helps!

I submitted my CASPA on June 11th. I got my supplemental in the mail sometime in July which I sent off the next day. Then I got an email from them on July 19th that they were reviewing my application and gave me my username and temporary password to log in to mystar. Then on August 9th I got an invitation to interview for Sept 17th.

My stats are...

Caspa gpa is 3.54

I had 710 patient care experience (CNA and medical scribe), an ortho PA internship of 150hrs, about 100 hrs of shadowing, 350hrs of volunteer.

GRE 149 Verbal, 152 Quant, 4.0 Analytical

I have a Bachelor of Science from Baylor.

I am also a reapplicant.

I submitted my CASPA on June 11th. I got my supplemental in the mail sometime in July which I sent off the next day. Then I got an email from them on July 19th that they were reviewing my application and gave me my username and temporary password to log in to mystar. Then on August 9th I got an invitation to interview for Sept 17th.

My stats are...

Caspa gpa is 3.54

I had 710 patient care experience (CNA and medical scribe), an ortho PA internship of 150hrs, about 100 hrs of shadowing, 350hrs of volunteer.

GRE 149 Verbal, 152 Quant, 4.0 Analytical

I have a Bachelor of Science from Baylor.

I am also a reapplicant.

Reapplicant? Hmm? Your stats look good. What do you think held you back the first time?

@ashmash From what I recall, it took me literally 10 minutes to fill out the supplemental. I think it was just asking residency information or socioeconomical questions. Something like that. There was not an essay.

Last cycle, I applied really late. I think I submitted my CASPA in September and didn't receive the supplemental until October. I re-took my GRE, and gained a lot of those hours in the past year when I became CNA certified and worked in the ER as a medical scribe. This time around I applied in mid-June.

I think after that year of experience it made it much easier to improve my personal statement. I think the first time around I was unprepared and tried to rush things but it was definitely a learning experience and allowed me to improve my application for the second time around. I've already been accepted to another program out-of-state but i'm hoping to stay in texas and get into UTMB.

Good luck to all of you!

ashmash: Last year UTMB's supplemental was short and very simple. As I recall it just had some basic information regarding residential status, demographic info, and a small supplemental fee. Unless they have changed it this year, there shouldn't be another essay to stress over. Hope that helps!

mlyly90 & stacie2121b: thanks for the quick feedback! I appreciate the heads up.

laifalove: I submitted to CASPA at the end of June and got a letter from UTMB a couple of weeks later with information for the supplemental application. Then I got a couple of emails from them with login information for MYSTAR. My invitation to interview was an email that they sent to me on August 16th (I'll be interviewing on September 24th.) Good luck!

hi everyone! i submitted my CASPA application in the end of June as well and they mailed everything by July 13th. I received my supplemental application on July 24th and had an interview email sent to me on August 23rd. As a re-applicant, I can't stress how important it is to APPLY EARLY! Last cycle, I only had one interview and was wait listed (CASPA application sent in September); now this cycle I've already had three. I know for a fact that waiting is in a way torture at times, but just stay positive. Good luck everybody!! :)

Archived