Hi Everyone,

San Antonio is my top choice and I just applied for 2013 start. I was wondering if anyone knows what the didactic schedule is like (how many days/week, hours, etc). I can't find anything on the website. Also, is the program 33 months or 26 months? (both are listed in different areas of their website). Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, and good luck to all applying this time around!

• 4 months later...

The link you posted was for the current MPAS 2nd year class (2014A). That class (my class) is on the "old" 33 month cycle and we'll graduate in May 2014. The "new" class (2014B) is on the accelerated 26 month program and has a tougher didactic schedule simply because they are essentially doing the same amount of work in 6.5 fewer months. There are other differences: We take medicine (ICS) with the MS-2 class, 2014B does not--they have it taught primarily by PA faculty. They took anatomy with the MS-1 class, we had it with the DPT students. Future classes will be on the accelerated program and all I can say is that it seems difficult and could use a little bit more staggering of classes. Good luck.

Archived