2021-2022 Daemen College Application Cycle

• 1 month later...

Submitted CASPA app for Daemen early June and then submitted secondary application on 10/15. Received an email on 10/18 from admissions director letting me know that they don't start sending out interview invites until after the 1/15/22 deadline passes, but that I am in a strong position. She told me to keep February open for interviews. Did anyone else get a similar email? Good luck everyone!!

1 hour ago, hangelaf said:

Submitted CASPA app for Daemen early June and then submitted secondary application on 10/15. Received an email on 10/18 from admissions director letting me know that they don't start sending out interview invites until after the 1/15/22 deadline passes, but that I am in a strong position. She told me to keep February open for interviews. Did anyone else get a similar email? Good luck everyone!!

I received a similar email as well! 🙂

On 11/8/2021 at 12:06 PM, hangelaf said:

That's awesome! what were your stats: sGPA, overall GPA and HCE, shadowing... and are you local or out of state? if you don't mind sharing of course

@sshaw my degree is in engineering so my sGPA is a little low. I think its 3.54? I am in-state (NY).

cGPA: 3.67

HCE: 350 hours floating Patient Care Tech (Emergency, CTICU, PACU, Ambulatory Surgery Center, main OR), 770 hours Emergency Medical Scribe, 2200 hours Dermatology Medical Assistant

Shadowing: about 200 hours of mostly MD shadowing (before I decided on PA school)--lots of surgical procedures, vascular surgery, interventional cardiology, neurosurgery were the main ones

Volunteering: about 100 hours of relevant/recent volunteering in healthcare/service fields

16 hours ago, hasezi1508 said:

@sshaw my degree is in engineering so my sGPA is a little low. I think its 3.54? I am in-state (NY).

cGPA: 3.67

HCE: 350 hours floating Patient Care Tech (Emergency, CTICU, PACU, Ambulatory Surgery Center, main OR), 770 hours Emergency Medical Scribe, 2200 hours Dermatology Medical Assistant

Shadowing: about 200 hours of mostly MD shadowing (before I decided on PA school)--lots of surgical procedures, vascular surgery, interventional cardiology, neurosurgery were the main ones

Volunteering: about 100 hours of relevant/recent volunteering in healthcare/service fields

THAT GPA IS NOT LOW!!! You have amazing stats, I am impressed. You're getting in for sure, if I were you I would not be worried at all. Still, ALL THE BEST:)

7 hours ago, sshaw said:

THAT GPA IS NOT LOW!!! You have amazing stats, I am impressed. You're getting in for sure, if I were you I would not be worried at all. Still, ALL THE BEST:)

I haven’t had any interviews so far. Goes to show how difficult this process truly is for all applicants no matter how seemingly qualified you are! it’s so scary! all the best to you as well!!

• 1 month later...

How many essay questions are in the supplemental? I'm waiting to hear back from them on whether one of my courses counts toward the requirements and I have a feeling that won't be until at least Monday... trying to gauge if I'll be able to submit CASPA, get the supplemental, and complete it by the 15th. Any thoughts?

On 12/31/2021 at 1:42 PM, AlliBess said:

How many essay questions are in the supplemental? I'm waiting to hear back from them on whether one of my courses counts toward the requirements and I have a feeling that won't be until at least Monday... trying to gauge if I'll be able to submit CASPA, get the supplemental, and complete it by the 15th. Any thoughts?

There are two essay questions that are asked in the supplemental application. If you have not sent in your CASPA application yet, I suggest you to send it in as soon as possible because the deadline is right around the corner. Hopefully you hear back from Daemen on Monday about whether your course counts or not, that way you can submit your application without worrying. Say if you do hear back from Daemen on Monday that your course does count, make sure to submit your application that same day and as soon as you receive the supplemental application, complete it as soon as you can! Good luck!!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Zayneb said:

There are two essay questions that are asked in the supplemental application. If you have not sent in your CASPA application yet, I suggest you to send it in as soon as possible because the deadline is right around the corner. Hopefully you hear back from Daemen on Monday about whether your course counts or not, that way you can submit your application without worrying. Say if you do hear back from Daemen on Monday that your course does count, make sure to submit your application that same day and as soon as you receive the supplemental application, complete it as soon as you can! Good luck!!

Thank you! Got a response this morning that it counted and immediately submitted my CASPA app to them. Hopefully I get the supplemental soon so that I can get it all done! I'm just glad I realized I could apply to this school, even if it is super last minute. Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mclark389 said:

Yes I submitted last spring and was notified that they received it in May and haven't heard a thing. 

On 1/3/2022 at 4:11 PM, Aspiringnypa said:

Has anyone else submitted CASPA but never received a supplemental app? I submitted in late November

I would maybe email and ask just in case... especially with the deadline approaching it would be a huge bummer if you were supposed to receive it and fill it out, but didn't get it

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 3:44 PM, sstatts said:

Did anyone else get an invitation to interview? I haven’t heard anything yet… 

Nope. It did say in an email sent by the director of the program that all applicants will be contacted by the end of February to inform them if they will be receiving an interview. Don't worry, you are not the only one waiting 😅Also, as long as you received a supplemental application and your CASPA application was verified, you have a chance to receive an interview!!!