New PA. Is this right?

My daughter recently graduated from PA school.  She accepted a job only to find out when she started that the Physician was having a baby.  This was not made know to her prior to her start date.  She worked 1 month and the physician has been out for 4 weeks and just told her it would be another 3 weeks before she returns.  There is no other physician in the office...just two nurses and one of them started after my daughter.

Is it right that the Physician didn't tell her that she was pregnant, left one month after she started, will be out for 7 weeks now and is expecting her to run everything in the office including seeing all the patients.  

Is this the life of a PA or is she getting screwed by her boss?  My daughter is at her wits end.

I just can't believe that you'd leave a new PA just out of school alone in the office.  I think she should have hired a part-time doctor while she is out.

Your thoughts and opinions are very appreciated and valuable.  No experience to judge the situation.

Thank you.  I've since realized that the two nurses are CNAs only.  Physician is available for questions, but with so many patients there is little time to ask much.  So, you have a PA with two months of experience...one month of which she has done without a Physician there, and two CNAs.  Seems like a huge liability to me, not to mention the stress. 

• Upvote 1