Does Tarascon Pharmacopoeia app replace handbook?

My school's book list states "a drug reference guide" (shocking, I know). Can anyone with experience tell me if the iPhone app completely replaces the handbook? I'm guessing it does, but I want to make sure before I drop $40 on the app vs $10 on the paperback. Will the app still work if I don't have cell service? Thanks!

I don't trust any easy reference not written in ink on paper....

one of my partners dropped his 300 dollar pda and had no tarascon, no sanfords, etc and was bumming them off those of us who did for a week or so....I can drop my paperbacks, step on them, get them wet, etc and they still work...and cost less than any of those new fangled thingies you youngins use.....:)

My school's book list states "a drug reference guide" (shocking, I know). Can anyone with experience tell me if the iPhone app completely replaces the handbook? I'm guessing it does, but I want to make sure before I drop $40 on the app vs $10 on the paperback. Will the app still work if I don't have cell service? Thanks!

Yes it does, and quite well. If you're just bursting with money, you can also get the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide along with it, embedded in the same program

I don't trust any easy reference not written in ink on paper....

one of my partners dropped his 300 dollar pda and had no tarascon, no sanfords, etc and was bumming them off those of us who did for a week or so....I can drop my paperbacks, step on them, get them wet, etc and they still work...and cost less than any of those new fangled thingies you youngins use.....:)

funny-pictures-old-man-cat.jpg

:wink:

Archived