Weird MMI Questions

Weirdest question I ever heard: "Tell me which body part you would want to be and why."

Now, obviously, not a serious question but just an attempt to see how you react in an unscripted moment, many of which you'll face in medicine. My advice: Just pick a body part you admire and go with it. Like: "I would be a kidney because it purifies the blood, helps control blood pressure, uses some cool chemistry, and it does it all without being flashy." 

That's not what I said -- I was another interviewer. Some applicant picked a testicle and then couldn't follow that up with a good "why." After fumbling around for a minute or two, he moved on the the ear!

Edited by UGoLong

I had a few that were somewhat relevant but caught me off-guard...

1. why become a PA right now? 

2. what tool in the PA's medical bag is the most important? 

I obviously got the second question wrong somehow. I thought they were talking about a metaphorical bag. Not an actual tool. I answered metaphysically instead of physically.