Interview Annoucement

Guest pckate21

I submitted around mid June, got a call around mid-late July for the interview...interviewing at the PA campus this Wednesday August 15th...so excited/nervous!!! :)

Good luck tomorrow, guys! I submitted my CASPA end of June, got a call mid July. Interview at DE the 21st. I am staying at my house (a whopping 15 miles away). I heard that Arcadia has a pretty friendly demeanour and really takes the time with applicants. And no panel interviews. Let me know how it goes! :)

I got an interview scheduled for September 10th! I looked on here and noticed a lot of others got invites as well. I asked an admissions lady and she told me they try to do only two interviews per seat, so we should all be proud!

CONGRATS to those of you at the interview day today in DE. It was good to 'meet' you, even if just for a couple of minutes! I hope everyone had a great experience!

I don't know about the two per seat- when I interviewed last year there had to have been 25-30 of us in the room. It looked the same today when I stepped in to introduce myself to the interviewees. And there are several interview days- 4 off the top of my head, but possibly more. Regardless, application numbers are going up every year, and so is the difficulty level! You should be proud to have an interview anywhere! Arcadia is good about realizing that the interview is a two way process. YOU are picking as school just like they are picking students. I don't feel anyone else treated me quite that way, and it meant a lot!

I must say I have enjoyed all of my interactions with Arcadia thus far. While I don't have too much to compare it to as of yet, they are friendly, personable, and professional. They have never made me feel like a piece of paper and the interview itself was a conversation and not a lecture or being drilled. I hope my interviewer thought it went as well as I did!

I will now go ahead and dilligently check my mail every day. Good luck to all of you! :)

Just wanted to say that yesterday was an awesome interview experience. If you are applying to Arcadia/ get the chance to interview there, you should be excited- great presentation of the school, and the interview itself is low-stress. Students & Faculty were great, very impressive program.

Could anyone provide information on what types of questions they were asked during the interview? Thanks!! I'm interviewing in Glenside on 9/5!

I was never asked any particularly specific interview questions, it was more like a conversation. I did the 'this is who I am and how I got here' spiel, and my interviewer asked about specific things about my past (ie: why was I no longer pursuining Veterinary Medicine) and asked me to elaborate on some things on my resume. He did ask me about PA shadowing experience, that was after I talked about the NP I shadowed at my current job. Then, we talked about my questions that I had for him.

Very short, conversational, and I felt very at ease. I heard that for one of the interviewers, that's not quite the case and he wants to know specifically why you want to be a PA and how that's different from being another medical professional, but really, all interviews are going to do that, he just happened to ask those questions more directly.

And, I was accepted! So having no specific interview questions didn't seem to hurt! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I had received a rejection letter from Arcadia yesterday, and called today to find out what I can do to improve my application, and thought I would share the stats they gave me:

They received 2400 applications, and accept only 100 students

The average GPA has been 3.68, with a science GPA of 3.6

The average GRE score (based on the old scoring system) was 1150 with a 4.25 analytical score

The average (or expected, I'm unsure of which) years of health experience was 3+ years

They do accept students with lower GPA's such as 3.3 if they have exceptional health care experience.

Hope this is helpful to some of those wondering where they stand.

I had received a rejection letter from Arcadia yesterday, and called today to find out what I can do to improve my application, and thought I would share the stats they gave me:

They received 2400 applications, and accept only 100 students

The average GPA has been 3.68, with a science GPA of 3.6

The average GRE score (based on the old scoring system) was 1150 with a 4.25 analytical score

The average (or expected, I'm unsure of which) years of health experience was 3+ years

They do accept students with lower GPA's such as 3.3 if they have exceptional health care experience.

Hope this is helpful to some of those wondering where they stand.

Is that 100 then divided between the 2 campuses? Or is that 100 just for one of the campuses?

Archived