2021-2022 Application Cycle

On 8/27/2021 at 10:22 PM, goodluckcharm said:

Anyone want to discuss PA-CAT scores? About to submit my application and just curious what competitive scores are as it's hard to find anything about them online!

Yes! I know they said that there isn’t really “scores” this year because of the limited number of test takers, but I’ve heard anything about 50% is usually competitive 

3 hours ago, hmf21 said:

Interviewed today & good luck to everyone interviewing soon! Faculty are wonderful and extremely good at making you feel less nervous 🙂 

Congrats on your interview! Mine is 9/15. Was is exactly as the email said, with 2 thirty minute sessions with 2 different faculty? Just don't want them pulling a fast one on me.

1 hour ago, FuturePA6102 said:

Hi everyone! Was super excited about this school and received an email after applying saying they weren’t contacting people for interviews until mid October/early November. I’m a little confused as this appears to have changed? Anyone have more information on that?

I received this email too, but interviewed yesterday. I’m really not sure what changed or why they’re approaching it differently. I didn’t ask but they didn’t say either. 

• Upvote 1

When I submitted my application they sent me an email saying they offer interviews from September-early November. For those who received interviews recently, would y’all mind telling your stats in terms of when you applied, gpa, hours, etc. I applied late August and was wondering if maybe they are offering interviews to candidates based on when they applied? Definitely getting worried but still hopeful! 

On 9/1/2021 at 7:34 PM, hmf21 said:

Interviewed today & good luck to everyone interviewing soon! Faculty are wonderful and extremely good at making you feel less nervous 🙂 

I am interviewing 9/17! So good to hear they were friendly. I'm definitely nervous. Did they ask questions about your specific application (like they had it in front of them?) or was it mostly more general?

24 minutes ago, PAasap2021 said:

I am interviewing 9/17! So good to hear they were friendly. I'm definitely nervous. Did they ask questions about your specific application (like they had it in front of them?) or was it mostly more general?

Mostly general! They took notes on what you said but they told me they ask applicants the same (I think between both of them it was a total of 10) questions and then if time permits they chat with you about your experiences and stuff. They’re nice but straightforward! 

Edited by hmf21

On 9/3/2021 at 3:21 AM, Pa2021a said:

When I submitted my application they sent me an email saying they offer interviews from September-early November. For those who received interviews recently, would y’all mind telling your stats in terms of when you applied, gpa, hours, etc. I applied late August and was wondering if maybe they are offering interviews to candidates based on when they applied? Definitely getting worried but still hopeful! 

I applied in early-August! I have roughly 700 hours and a 3.9 GPA. I got an email about an interview a few weeks ago and have my interview today. They are still sending out invites so hopefully you hear soon!

1 hour ago, lef26 said:

for people who already interview- did they do a scenario like they did in previous cycles?

Also, did they allow you time to ask questions about their program?

Each interviewer had a scenario for me, along with traditional interview qs. And yes, they leave enough time for you to ask questions too!