Bridge program

I received an email about Butler’s bridge programs for new grads. I will graduate in march but I have always thought about teaching and strengthening my knowledge in certain areas. 

Do we know if I can pick my topic for doctorate or is it just general clinical medicine? I havent been able to find details on it. Also how long is the program or do you take it as you can? I read the didactic part has a set timeline and we cannot have a job during didactic like PA school.

any recommendations or thoughts?

Thank you for responding.

This is the bridge program description:

“During the initial seven-week didactic courses, the student is encouraged to not work due to the intensive, full-time nature of the program. Students must be available for synchronous or asynchronous  online courses. The initial seven-weeks is followed by the semester long Capstone Project.”

I wonder how long the semester with project is. And its on a newer side so I havent been able to find any information on it.

Yeah, the cost is lesser which is a bonus. I just dont know how i should not work right out of school. And i graduate in march and their classes are in June so i will have 3 months of nothing (which isnt entirely that bad other than the fact i have student loans lol) but this is why I wanted to talk to somebody who went there. 
thank you for your response! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 9:38 PM, MediMike said:

Huh. The bridge thing is new to my knowledge. Not sure how I feel about them discouraging new grads from working.

Not sure any students would be discouraged, by the time a new grad goes through all of the steps to get a job AND complete the PANCE, credentialing, state licensure, onboarding) they might be able to finish the bridge. Could be a good use of time and may be less $$$ than a complete DMSc program.

Edited by turtlesrule
  • Upvote 1

On 9/1/2021 at 7:47 PM, turtlesrule said:

Not sure any students would be discouraged, by the time a new grad goes through all of the steps to get a job AND complete the PANCE, credentialing, state licensure, onboarding) they might be able to finish the bridge. Could be a good use of time and may be less $$$ than a complete DMSc program.

My program ends in March and this program starts in June. By the time I finish their 7 week didactic period, I would be about 5 months out of graduation. Does it take that long to finish everything? Do you have any more information on this program?

• Administrator
23 hours ago, Dee1803 said:

My program ends in March and this program starts in June. By the time I finish their 7 week didactic period, I would be about 5 months out of graduation. Does it take that long to finish everything? Do you have any more information on this program?

I was working six weeks after graduation; that is, as I understand it, astoundingly fast.  I had the advantage of having a job lined up with a new-grad friendly organization, and already having an active EMT so I skipped the background check delay.

On 9/1/2021 at 4:47 PM, turtlesrule said:

Yeah thats a great point.  I was in the same boat as @rev ronin, working very soon after graduating, took my PANCE as soon as possible etc. 

If they have the time then I'd say for sure get it done.  Way cheaper, way less time.

• Like 1