Work without Approval with Medical Board for Supervising Dr.

Hi Fellow PAs,

Not sure if this is the right place for my post. 

I applied to an Urgent Care job and was told by the owner that I'd get 401K, PTO and CME with hourly rate of $75/hr. He didn't specify if I'd be a W2 or 1099 employee. Then I spoke with the Medical Director, who stated that I've been extended a verbal offer and told me to give 2 weeks notice to my current job, which I only work 1 day a week at.
Thank goodness I didn't give my 2 weeks notice to my current job because after 4 days waiting for an offer letter they now say they're concerned since I've never worked solo, but I've been in Emergency Medicine/UC for >6 years. They said they wanted me to shadow the Medical director for 1-2 shifts and then work solo for 4-5 shifts. They're just so sketchy.
I really wanted this job so I didn't get the State Medical Board's approval for the Medical Director to be my supervising physician before I worked and saw patients, writing prescriptions. I was going to negotiate after I got an official offer.
So I ended up working 1 shadow shift (was told I'd get paid $40/hr) and 1 solo shift (get paid $75/hr). The Medical Director is still hesitant to give me a written offer, but said the owner was confused that since I will be a 1099 independent contractor, I don't get benefits and that the $75/hr is not negotiable. They will pay for malpractice and have a non-compete of 15 miles. He said the $75/hr is the best I can get because I have not worked solo before. At this point I want to say to his face that he can take his offer and shove it where the sun don't shine. But I'm really scared I can lose my license since I practiced without having him as my supervising physician and they could potentially report me to the State Medical Board.

I have the forms to send to the State Medical Board for the Medical Director to be my supervising physician and don't know if I should mail them off, even though I don't plan to work for them. I was thinking it may cover me in case anything happens since I worked the solo shift by myself??

Also they haven't paid me for my shadow or solo shifts.

Please help with any suggestions. I KNOW I shouldn't have worked without having a the Medical Director as my supervising physician at the clinic.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance!!
  • Sad 1