Interviews?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what's going on with their admissions? I interviewed in late December (the 17th, if I remember correctly) and I haven't heard anything from them, at all. I can see on this forum that some acceptances have gone out, and I know a couple people who also interviewed there who received rejections. I'm just confused that I haven't heard anything at all...

Anyone know what's going on with their admissions? I interviewed in late December (the 17th, if I remember correctly) and I haven't heard anything from them, at all. I can see on this forum that some acceptances have gone out, and I know a couple people who also interviewed there who received rejections. I'm just confused that I haven't heard anything at all...

Hey acst,

That is just how it seems that their admissions committee works. I actually interviewed in September and haven't heard anything unless I e-mail them and the reply is usually very vague and along the lines of, "we still consider you a competitive applicant." My guess is that they don't want to reject anyone that might be able to fit into their class in the event that someone would back out at the last minute. It seems that classes at many schools are full at this point but I have heard of stories where students have been offered positions a week prior to classes starting due to accepted applicants backing out of their spots at the last minute. I know that NU had said that you would know at the latest by March about your status (I don't know if it is the beginning or end.) You could always e-mail them asking about your status. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all! Congrats to those of you who have been accepted into your programs of choice! I am VERY interested in the NW program(PBL is very intriguing to me......things I have learned "in the field" tend to stick with me easier than things I read in a text book) and would love your input as I prepare to apply.

My stats are as follows:

B.S.Ed in Athletic Training from Ark State Univ - 2005

M.S.Ed in Kinesiology/Social Psych of Sport from SIU-Carbondale 2007

10,000+ hours of HCE, and counting, as an ATC since 2005 (working directly withan Orthopedic Surgeon and his PA since 2007)

GPAs according to CASPA

Overall Cumulative Undergrad: 3.29

Science Cum. Undergrad: 3.31

Graduate Overall: 3.49

Post Baccalaureate Science (refreshing courses and finishing pre-reqs): 3.80

(My GPA in my last 45 hours is ~3.8)

I have yet to take the GRE as my initial school did not require it.Northwestern obviously does, however. I must admit that I am somewhatintimidated by that exam since I have been out of undergrad since 2005.

Is there any advice you could offer someone in my position? If any other information would be helpful to you, I would be more the happy to provide it. I see many people have asked for those who have been accepted to PM stats and I would certainly appreciate that as well. NW has honestly become my dream school. I know my GPA is a weakness, but I am a different student now than Iwas in undergrad! Curious if I would have a chance, or if this is just a pipe dream. Thank you again for any input!

Archived