Interviews?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you do not have to bring in a writing sample. part of the interview day includes a writing sample where you have I believe 20-30 minutes to write an essay on a topic given. It was not as terrible as it sounds and it isn't anything that you need to prepare for. They said they want to see how well you write on your own without other people making edits and suggestions as they did on your personal statements and supplemental essays! I hope that helps!

Congrats!! Same here post interview...it really depends on how well you fit with the new class in the end though. When I interviewed they said they had offered 7 spots and 7 people accepted. They offered me a spot the same day I interviewed and last I had heard 10 people total had accepted spots. Good luck everyone!!

I submitted my supplemental application on 10/18 and was invited for an interview on 10/22. I will be interviewing on 11/27. I have interviewed with one other school so far but it was a much shorter day and only consisted of an info session, tour, and one 30 minute interview with two faculty members. I am pretty nervous for the group interview at Northwestern. How many interviewees are you paired with? Is it difficult to represent yourself without appearing like you are dominating the conversation? Do you have any other advice? How long after the interview do they notify you? Sorry for so many questions-Thank you SO much!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Did anyone interview in mid-September? I still haven't heard back and although I know they said it could be a couple of months, has anyone from that date heard back positively or negatively? From my general impression it almost seemed like they would offer 1-2 "must-have" students positions from each interview session if they were interviewing every couple of weeks but I know that they were also ranking everyone on a master list. Just wanted to know if anyone else that didn't hear quickly in September had heard back. Thanks! Hope everyone has been having positive interview experiences!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I sent in all of my stuff and received a confirmation email from Northwestern on Aug. 17. I have yet to hear anything back from them and I feel that I may be doomed. not to pry, but of those accepted, what kind of grades/hours did you have? I thought I was decently prepared to apply for PA school with my 3.6 GPA and over 2,000 hours of patient care when I am still in my senior year of undergrad, but I have had a rude awakening when many schools have said nothing to me. Any feedback would be awesome! thanks!!

Hughe2cl, how many schools did you apply to? That is strange that you haven't heard from any of them. What kind of patient care experience did you do? It sounds like you are in a good position to be applying, I would not give up hope yet. As far as I know, Northwestern is still inviting for interviews. They could invite you up until around March because they do not send rejection letters until then.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived