Interviews?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

The interview was really a relaxed experience. The staff and program director are really laid back, and focused on finding applicants who in two years time will be colleagues and peers. My recommendation would be to make sure you have a clear understanding of the basics on why you want to be a PA and why you want to go to Northwestern specifically. Otherwise just relax, be yourself, and enjoy a very informative day of briefings, touring the facilities, and meeting with the staff and faculty. Best of luck to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

I had an interview on 9/11 and I received an acceptance! The interview was really relaxed and informative. We had an info session, group exercise where we learned what PBL was all about, had a writing sample, and had 2 separate interviews. The program is really unique and it was great having the opportunity to experience PBL in action so you can see whether or not it's the right learning method for you.

Good luck to everyone in the application process! Some of the 1st year students that we met mentioned that they heard from the admissions committee ranging anywhere from a week or two to 4 months. So don't be discouraged if you haven't heard anything yet!

I'm with you dbergs1... I interviewed about a month ago and still haven't heard back. I'm anxiously waiting! Have any of you received acceptances more than 2 weeks post-interview? I know current students said some hadn't heard back for 4 months so I'm trying not to get discouraged!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tamara,

I finished my CASPA application in mid-August, but did not finish Northwestern's supplemental application until October- received the "app complete" e-mail on October 11th and an invitation to interview on October 16th. According to one of the e-mails I received in October, it sounded like only a few people had accepted spots thus far. Waiting is rough. I applied to 14 schools, officially rejected from 2, and this was my 2nd interview offer (and likely the only one so far that I'll go to). Hope that helps!

Blair

Archived