The dark ages are upon us

So…I got this today from an RN, no doubt trying to be helpful, perhaps suggesting my residual blood clots are due to a vaccine.  Reading this, as well as various comments from patients over the past few years- refusal to understand basic science concepts- make me believe that another dark ages are upon us, and it’s only a matter of time before scientists are stoned (and not in a good way) or worse.

I will leave this gem here.  You’ll notice it’s legit, because it cites a YouTube video as evidence.  (Actually, it’s too precious to leave uncommented)

Dr Charles Hoffe and the D-Dimer Test
By C Paardekooper (heh.  Party pooper kooper )
Where Does the V Distribute to?
Only 25% of the V stays in the arm. The remaining 75% distributes through out the body. It is collected by the lymphatic system (anyone believing this has their had full of shit)and fed into the general circulation.
Once in the circulation it is absorbed into the vessel lining around capillaries, since this is where the blood flows slowest.
There are about 40 trillion mRNAs per V dose.
 What is the Effect on Capillaries when mRNA is absorbed?
Normally, the cells lining the capillaries are very smooth - because this allows for the unimpeded flow of blood.
However, when these cells absorb the mRNA, they produce thousands of spike fragments on their surface, and their surface becomes rough.(spike fragments are a key word media uses, easy to use and spit out, but otherwise pointless.  Oh, no!  The capillaries turn into ninja stars)
Platelets interpret a rough surface as damage  (not exactly how clotting works), and produce clotting.
The result is millions of microscopic clots in capillaries - scattered throughout the body.
These vessels and their associated tissues can become permanently damaged, especially if the tissues do not normally regenerate - i.e. heart tissue, brain tissue.
How Can We Detect these Microscopic Clots?
These clots will not show on a normal scan, since they are too small. The only way to detect them is with a blood test called a D-DIMER TEST
Testing the Hypothesis
Dr Charles Hoffe was alarmed at the high rate of adverse effects amongst his own patients after receiving the V. He hypothesised that the adverse effects were the result of the above mentioned micro-clots, which are undetectable by ordinary scans.(every conspiracy theory relies on a bogey man that is “undetectable”)
Instead, he decided to use the D-DIMER test on all V'ed patients within 1 week of the V.( but no control group)
 Preliminary Results
62% of those v'ed had elevated D-DIMER.
Dr Charles Hoffe concluded that clotting is not rare, but rather occurs in most of the people V'ed.
Short and Long-Term Effects
Short term effects of micro-clots in the brain are -
 • headache
• dizziness

• nausea
• fatigue
 These are all signs of cerebral thrombosis on a clinical level.
Dr Hoffe now has 6 people in his office who now suffer permanent fatigue due to thousands upon thousands of micro-clots.
The effects of thousands of micro-clots in the capillaries of the lungs are -
 • difficulty in oxygenating the blood
• reduced effort tolerance
• coronary artery hypertension
 The long term effect of the increased difficulty of pushing blood through permanently damaged
 capillaries is RIGHT-SIDED HEART FAILURE - leading to the death of those so afflicted within 3 years. Most of those vaccinated will be dead within 3 years.
A clotted vessel is permanently damaged. That vessel never goes back to normal.
References
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zNZOgsEGbU https://www.cabaltimes.com/2021/07/17/hoffe/

What a load of horse shit.  Please stand up for common sense.  

• Haha 1

As an evangelical Christian it really saddens me how poorly many who identify as evangelical christians have critical thinking skills, live a life that is defined by Christ, etc.

But, I will say about the elevated D-Dimer...OF COURSE!  A D-Dimer doesn't diagnose a blood clot.  It is used to either rule it out or show the potential presence of a blood clot, but it must be confirmed by other means.  I don't know the specific validity of this, but during my PA rotations many years ago I was told by one of the hospitalist MD's I rotated with that if the phlebotomist misses and has to re-stick to draw a D-Dimer that it could pop positive because it is such a sensitive test.  But furthermore, a D-Dimer is an inflammatory marker and is therefore part of our immune response and again does NOT mean someone has a blood clot or damage to their blood vessels.  Lots of things can trigger a positive D-Dimer...like simple exercise!

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, mgriffiths said:

As an evangelical Christian it really saddens me how poorly many who identify as evangelical christians have critical thinking skills, live a life that is defined by Christ, etc.

But, I will say about the elevated D-Dimer...OF COURSE!  A D-Dimer doesn't diagnose a blood clot.  It is used to either rule it out or show the potential presence of a blood clot, but it must be confirmed by other means.  I don't know the specific validity of this, but during my PA rotations many years ago I was told by one of the hospitalist MD's I rotated with that if the phlebotomist misses and has to re-stick to draw a D-Dimer that it could pop positive because it is such a sensitive test.  But furthermore, a D-Dimer is an inflammatory marker and is therefore part of our immune response and again does NOT mean someone has a blood clot or damage to their blood vessels.  Lots of things can trigger a positive D-Dimer...like simple exercise!

I agree on all your points.  There are elements of truth in there.  “Science!” is quoted a lot, like it’s a solid thing.  Science, in fact, is the opposite.  It’s always questioning, always disassembling, always taking nothing for granted.  The thing about Science! Is that there needs to be something to base all other assumptions on, the kernel in the pearl.  Many people stop wondering five of six steps back, to established facts, but even these can be erroneous.  A hundred years ago, in the inchoate field of genetics, people were thought to have 48 chromosomes; this lasted a few years but for a brief time was believed to be true.    
the ability to come up with a hypothesis, use these bits and pieces to test that hypothesis, then test those facts, correct them as necessary, and then correct your hypothesis; then repeat.  that’s what makes you a scientist.  Reading Internet forums as “research”, using your own experience as proof, and then picking facts that conveniently fit your hypothesis, ignoring those that don’t- that makes you a nut job.  
I think that’s what I wanted to say.

”the vaccine makes you magnetic!”

(Demonstrates by applying a piece of metal to body-which does not stick) “see?!?”

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, thinkertdm said:

inchoate

what a great word!

46 minutes ago, thinkertdm said:

the ability to come up with a hypothesis, use these bits and pieces to test that hypothesis, then test those facts, correct them as necessary, and then correct your hypothesis; then repeat.  that’s what makes you a scientist.  Reading Internet forums as “research”, using your own experience as proof, and then picking facts that conveniently fit your hypothesis, ignoring those that don’t- that makes you a nut job.  
I think that’s what I wanted to say.

Completely agree, and while people from all groups do it...those who identify as evangelical christians are some of the worst.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, mgriffiths said:

Completely agree, and while people from all groups do it...those who identify as evangelical christians are some of the worst.

I'm going to disagree.  I think, given how often badly-applied science has been said to refute religious claims, evangelicals have an often poor relationship with science not unlike that of an abuse victim. (I'd list examples, but we'd derail the thread; start another if we want to poke that bear or open that can of worms)  That doesn't make the anti-science nuttiness right, it just makes it understandable.

Really, the hesitance of evangelicals to listen to Christian healthcare professionals on the topics of vaccines reminds me of the intransigence of the Narnian Dwarves in the stable toward the ending of The Last Battle: you simply can't make them see what they don't want to.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, rev ronin said:

I'm going to disagree.  I think, given how often badly-applied science has been said to refute religious claims, evangelicals have an often poor relationship with science not unlike that of an abuse victim. (I'd list examples, but we'd derail the thread; start another if we want to poke that bear or open that can of worms)  That doesn't make the anti-science nuttiness right, it just makes it understandable.

Really, the hesitance of evangelicals to listen to Christian healthcare professionals on the topics of vaccines reminds me of the intransigence of the Narnian Dwarves in the stable toward the ending of The Last Battle: you simply can't make them see what they don't want to.

Excellent reference