My new record for hours worked

184 hours worked in 216 hours (9 days). 280 hours in 3 weeks. Student half the time on top. Burned out doesn’t feel like it accurately describes my mental state. Medical director is on FMLA and others were taking vacation. I estimate I saved them 30k in locums fees after paying my salary plus OT. Burned out doesn’t feel like an accurate description.

16A2AD80-7B28-4717-80A7-52797CAB0FA6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
5 hours ago, sas5814 said:

*shudder* I feel for you. I was working a small critical access ER a long while back and fired the other PA without having a replacement. I lived in the hospital for 5 days before I got relief.

Yep.  I had a gig in Alaska balk really hard at paying me hourly as opposed to salary because of just this issue.  I even offered to scale the base 'hourly' rate if they wanted me for 50 hours per week (40 straight plus 10 time-and-a-half) by default.  They offered me a $17k bump in the yearly package, and then withdrew the offer after I had signed it. They obviously wanted a dumber PA than me.

• Upvote 1