Interviews 2012-2013??

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wexlersa,

They only interview once a month. 60 people are at each interview and I think they have at least 2 more interviews left so that is a lot of open spots still so don't worry about not hearing back yet! I applied to their PA/MPH and from what I learned is that they compare all the PA/MPH applicants separately than the PA applicants (and accept about 10 total so overall they interview less).

Hi Everyone,

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited. I just received an interview for Nov. 17th. Does anyone know how long it takes before you know if your accepted. This will be my

1st interview. I also have one scheduled at another university Nov. 30th. GW is my first choice!!!!!!!!

glgkbh,

Congrats! GW accepts the top 10% of their interviewees right after their interview (and consider them early acceptances) and then waits until the end of all the interviews to accept the rest of the class...so they are not true rolling admissions.

They did say that they will add up your score on your application with your score on the interview and the top scores get in (come December some time).

Hope that helps!

• 4 weeks later...
Did any one's interview day go past 3pm? I have a train from Union Station that leaves at 4 following my interview. Is it reasonble to get from GWU to Union Station to make my train using the Metro or should I just take a taxi or is it walkable?

The day is very structured. Our session did go until 3 but not too much after, as I remember. The last event is a 30 minute closing remarks session, which you could probably slip out early from if you spoke with them. They usually ask in the beginning of the day if anyone has travel plans to make that evening. Hopefully you're in one of the morning interview groups so you don't have to stress about it as much.

Union Station is across town. It will take 30 minutes with the metro. Take a cab if you're worried about time.

i am local and my advice would be to stick to metro in this scenario. it is only 4 stops. i believe that would be faster than a taxi in the middle of the day. the Foggy Bottom station is right outside the GWU medical campus and will leave you inside Union station.

i am local and my advice would be to stick to metro in this scenario. it is only 4 stops. i believe that would be faster than a taxi in the middle of the day. the Foggy Bottom station is right outside the GWU medical campus and will leave you inside Union station.

Good point! The metro stations for Foggy Bottom and Union Station are both as close as they possibly could be to where you need to be so it would be really simple. Since the interview day is on a Saturday, I think traffic for a cab ride wouldn't be an issue. But, as always in DC, beware the random presidential motorcade!

Archived