A.T. Still - Central Coast 2021-2022

59 minutes ago, shyanimelover said:

do you mind sharing your stats im scared my gpa is too low even though they require a 2.5

My sgpa was very low last cycle! Don’t lose hope! Alot of my low grades were from undergrad and I did alot better in my most recent post bacc classes! 

2.8 overall SGPA

3.2 overall cumulative

Patient care experience: 8,000+ hrs as an MA in urgent care/primary care

60 hrs of volunteering at a hospital/free clinic

Certifications: ACLS, BLS, PALS, MA, Diabetes Eye Exam Educator/User

And my letters of rec were from providers/director of my clinic I work with and know me the best! 

Your grades do not define you!!! Good luck!! 😊

• Like 4

14 hours ago, shyanimelover said:

do you mind sharing your stats im scared my gpa is too low even though they require a 2.5

I wouldn't be discouraged! This program looks at your overall application and does not focus on just grades. Grades are just a small part of what will make you a great PA. 

Stats according to CASPA: 

Overall GPA: 3.24

Science GPA: 3.11

Overall non-science: 3.41 

Patient care experience/shadowing hours: 5,422 (CNA, medical assistant at dermatology office) 

-  I had the opportunity to shadow multiple PAs in different specialties which gave me a broader understanding of the healthcare field. 

Volunteer hours: 124 hours 

LOR: 1 PA, 1 MD, 1 supervisor 

Goodluck to everyone applying this cycle 🙂 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Andrea95 said:

Did they say how many ppl they are taking from the waitlist 2020 apps? Sounds like a lot.. & they haven’t interviewed this cycle yet. Kind of interesting. Haven’t seen a school do this before. 

They did not say how many people but in the first cycle they extended their deadline to May to get more applications so alot of us on the waitlist probably interviewed fairly recently in the summer. We didn’t get accepted only because they filled all their seats. This probably happened because it was their first admissions cycle ever lol 

3 minutes ago, healthcarelover said:

They did not say how many people but in the first cycle they extended their deadline to May to get more applications so alot of us on the waitlist probably interviewed fairly recently in the summer. We didn’t get accepted only because they filled all their seats. This probably happened because it was their first admissions cycle ever lol 

Interesting. I wonder why they didn’t mention this in their information sessions. Or let ppl who are applying this cycle know about this. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Andrea95 said:

Interesting. I wonder why they didn’t mention this in their information sessions. Or let ppl who are applying this cycle know about this. 

I feel like they should have told us this too because it seems a little unfair and its limiting even more seats. But congrats to everyone so far who was accepted!

Edited by shyanimelover
  • Like 4

On 10/27/2021 at 1:31 PM, Andrea95 said:

I hope they make this transparent on their website or through some kind of communication. It does seem a little unfair to those of us applying this cycle to not be made aware that there are less seats available for the cohort because they're already filled by previous applicants. It would be nice to know how many seats are still available for us. That being said, congrats to those who got a seat secured, I imagine its a relief to not have to worry about applying again.

Edited by Capricorn
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I applied last cycle and got through to interview for the waitlist, however, they filled all the seats. They let me know that I wouldn't have to apply again and I would be interviewed for this upcoming year. Anyone else in this situation? And if so, have you received an interview yet?

I submitted my application and said it was received/complete this November (2021) and did not hear back from them. I asked to make sure if they have received it, and they stated its ready to be viewed by the committee. During my call last week, I also asked for an application timeline and was told that they are unsure at this time, but not to worry as it is still considered early in their application cycle. Has anyone heard back yet? Was applying in November too late?

Edited by Lovethesun101

• 3 weeks later...