Application Cycle 2012, Matriculation January 2014!

Pretty sure its true. The application closes 3/1/2013 for class starting in August of 2013. I just submitted to other schools this cycle so sent this at the same time. The supplemental application opens up september 1st and they want that after you submit your CASPA app. But from my understanding yes...whether you sent your CASPA app june 1 or feb 23, it wont matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Brady,

You are right about the deadline, but classes start in Jan. not August.

I applied and interview for the class that started in 2012.

I didn't get accepted due to experience.

The new building was not completed when we toured it.

I suggest going for a tour.

The campus in very impressive.

I was so impressed, that I am only applying to EVMS for the class starting in 2014.

Good luck and I hope to see you next July during the interview process

My bad :) I knew it was January too. I hear it is a great school and a great program but I live in Colorado so a little hard to go on a tour :) and I hope I have enough experience by July when interviews take place I'll have over 7000 hours as an EMT How much experience did you have? My GPA is a little low tho so I think that may hurt me. It just sucks you have to wait until march or April to hear about an interview when all of the other schools are in a month or so

Brady,

I had just started in the ED. I had only been there for 4 months.

One of the good things about EVMS is that they use your last 45 hours to calculate your GPA.

I had some bad grades 20 years ago and I am still being penalized for that.

Some schools don't take into account my 3.81 in my last 81 hrs that I took in 20 months when I decided to be serious about school at age 38.

Good Luck and again, I hope to see you at the interviews next year.

Well thats good, my last 45 credits are about a 3.5-3.6 and my 8 prereq classes are at a 3.91(7 As and 1 B). Plus the 7000+ hours I will have when they look at the application I hope I get an interview. The idea that the school is one of the few with actual cadavers to work on makes it a top choice for me no doubt. I just hate having to wait almost a year to see if I get an interview. Thanks for all of your info, I appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...

good luck to you all! I will be starting the program this January and so far have been very impressed with the program and the facilities. I was out of the country last year for about 6 months after I graduated in April so I did not submit my CASPA application until the end of February and everything worked out. So for those of you who need more hours of HCE on your application, you can add a couple more months by submitting later, but I think that they will also add the hours you work up until the deadline if you email them, at least they said that was fine last cycle, but maybe check first.

I am still waiting for the supplemental. CASPA is still processing my application since I just submitted it on the Sept. 1st. I think that once CASPA is done, then I will be sent the link. I have 3.98 on the last 40 credits (40 is wat the EVMS website states not 45) and a 4.0 on the prereqs. But I only have 2500 hrs HCE at time of application.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

tmoore17, you and I have similar experiences. Interviewed with them as well and did not have biochemistry done yet. Thouroughly impressed with EVMS and what they have to offer. Will be applying this cycle. Having interviewed there previously, I hope that bumps my chances this time. Looking forward to meeting yall if asked to be there - and no previous offers are made. I only wish they were a part of the "regular" cylce. I understand why they schedule it the way they do, it is just minimally frustrating. Hard to plan for not a sure thing when a "less-desirable" school makes an offer... that's life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived