Applications and Interviews for Summer 2012 Cycle

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Based on my forum-stalking from previous cycles, I have determined that most of the interviews/rejections get emailed on Fridays about 3-4 weeks prior to interview dates....so by my calculations we should hear tomorrow!! Crossing my fingers for good news. My husband is already getting annoyed with me for checking my emails so compulsively.

You called it, kagildersleeve! I just got my interview invite for 11/2 and 11/3!! Good luck to the rest of you who are waiting!

Yeahhh, unfortunately I wasn't one of them. Utah served me my first rejection last night, stings a little, but at least now I have one place that I can cross off the list! Congrats GMarie, and good luck at the interview!!!

I am so sorry to hear that! Good luck to you on your interviews!

I just received an invite to interview on Nov 2nd and 3rd. Is there anyone else out there with the same date? I would like to get to know anyone who will be there. I am a 30yr old MRI Technologist and I work at a hospital in eastern Utah. I love working with patients in Radiology and am excited to advance my skills as a PA. It is so exciting that interviews are starting, it seems like we have been waiting forever. Well looking forward to hearing from all of you.

If you are concerned about the interview, as most are. Go to the SAAPA. If you can honestly answer each question on the list of common PA interview questions plus a few questions you make for yourself such as....why the weak area in Biochemistry...what happened? Then you will be fine during the interview. Be genuine and relax. You are qualified to be in their program just by receiving the interview.

I agree with Barry. Be sure you have answers for your weak areas and you will do well. I interviewed there last year before I got accepted, and I was really impressed with how the faculty tried to make us feel comfortable despite our nerves. They know interviewees are super nervous and stressed out. Now that I have gotten to know the faculty better, they are some of the nicest, most understanding people I know. So when you are at your interview just take a deep breath, relax, and be you!

I also received an invitation for the 26th and 27th. I just got back from an interview at MEDEX and it was fun but exhausting. I'm not sure how I feel about two days. Does anyone know how the interview is set up? I know there is a test and a schedule of interviews, but I'm wondering if we'll have breaks to go relax or tour the school. I'm also a little concerned because I'm still in school, graduating this term, and will miss class for an interview at Yale earlier the same week. If I can't be at school I'll at least feel better knowing I can spend some time getting work done, so if anyone has information I would appreciate it.

There is plenty of down time. There really isn't anywhere to go though because the building is isolated in a research park. Most of the time will be spent in a windowless room talking to other applicants. There is really no way this process needs to be two days but it is. The test is silly and I don't think they even grade it.

This is a strange school and they are very proud of themselves and their interview and selection process. I liked the website much better than the school. Be prepared for an interview that will make you squirm. They will stay stone faced the entire time so expect it and don't let it thow you off. Personally I rambled a lot because I was getting no response, verbal or non-verbal, from my interviewers. I really came away with a terrible impression of the school. That being said not everyone had the same experience and spots in PA classes are hard to come by. So be prepared! Really really prepared! Good luck to all.

sartort: Yes, there will be breaks throughout the interviews. Interviews are generally 30 min long except for the group interview that is 1 hour. They do have a quiet study area and a computer lab that you can use that is located right off of the room where most applicants will be waiting for their next interview. There are several places that are within walking distance if you decide you need to get some food. Friday night they have a dinner where you can mingle with faculty and current students to ask questions and get more of a feel for the program. And they do offer tours to a small part of the campus on the Saturday of your interview weekend.

I have not been disappointed with the quality of their curriculum, and they have fulfilled everything they said they do on their website. Part of the reason why I picked UPAP was because of the early clinical exposure. I am in my second semester and have already had patient encounters. They also have close ties to a volunteer clinic where student PAs can go weekly to practice the skills they have learned as early as their first semester! Not very many PA programs offer that. I feel like what I get to see in clinic helps solidify what I learned in class. It's great.

Plus class is held in more than that windowless room that was mentioned. For those that get an interview, you will have an opportunity to tour the HSEB building where we hold a few classes and have practice examination rooms. The HSEB building is beautiful and perfect for as many late night study sessions as you will need there (Building is open 24/7 to PA, nursing, and medical students. There are countless private rooms to study in, a cafeteria open during the day, and ping pong and pool tables open for whenever you need a break from the books.)

Archived